[SOLVED] Beta client gets stuck at checking resources.

bumping this.

had the same problem & worked with same solution. I even let it "install" over night and in the morning it was still stuck on checking resources. Check this forum till I see this post, restart client about 8 times and finally it started.

Like, wtf ?
That works. Thanks!
FTR, it grows till some 460 MB now.
4-5 restart, OK
Allocating Space...

GGG GG Well Programing.
I gave up on this. Going back to steam :(
Checked in 2.3.0 and reinstalled the game. Same problem here, multiple restarts after log file becomes inactive solved the problem. Is this bug really that hard to reproduce/fix? I'm quite sure that most new players will not check the log file activity, restart the game for 20 times, etc. The game is just losing potential players.

P.S. No firewall/antivirus installed atm.
"
morterion wrote:
Checked in 2.3.0 and reinstalled the game. Same problem here, multiple restarts after log file becomes inactive solved the problem. Is this bug really that hard to reproduce/fix? I'm quite sure that most new players will not check the log file activity, restart the game for 20 times, etc. The game is just losing potential players.

P.S. No firewall/antivirus installed atm.

If you have an issue, make your own thread. That, and this is for the BETA client, which is no longer in use.....
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info