[SOLVED] Beta client gets stuck at checking resources.

this is an amazing bug. keep restarting the client like 20 times and watch client.txt grow. after some time it starts the install.
wow.

i just had the same problem and after wasting 2 hours for nothing... the same solution.

just closing/restarting it until it gets to "allocating space..." works, for whatever dumb reason.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
thanks. helped me after i w8sted 6 hours
Last edited by combic on Feb 7, 2016, 11:51:30 PM
Opening and closing the PathOfExile.exe file several times worked for me, thank you very much.
Last edited by beerpath on Feb 22, 2016, 4:04:41 AM
Crazy as this is, it actually works. Thanks a lot! As soon as it reached over 107 MB on the client.txt file, it instantly went to Allocating Space.

It's absolutely stupid that GGG has not fixed this issue yet though. It's existed for years, and people have reported it countless times. I bet it has cost the game quite a few players. If you are new and can't even install the game, it's very easy to not bother and try a different game instead.

EDIT: Even though this thread is appearently about the Beta client, my issue is with the live game. It has the same bug and the same fix.
Last edited by Miathan51 on Feb 24, 2016, 7:29:27 AM
Yep. It still happens and still is fixed the same way. Even with the baseline game. Funny as hell that the programmers can't get their launcher to work long enough to queue up all the files and the player-base had to figure out a work around.
Wont work for me. Already went way past the 107 mark twice.
Going for a last round, lets see what happens.

Had this post going today to keep track of what I tried: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595433

EDIT: Will you look at that. 10 more tries and it finally worked. Jesus christ.
Hopefully the search function will pick this up for future solution finders out there.
It sure did not for me!
Meta-game holds no value - Play with what you like!
Last edited by Ycan on Mar 1, 2016, 7:10:27 PM
Same issue here, or well, my PathOfExile.exe would use <1% cpu and no I/O activity for 3+ hours, sitting at Checking Resources...

After ~10 restarts (I waited for CPU to drop to nearly nothing + 1-2 minutes each time) it got past checking resources without issues and proceeded to patch.

So, IMHO it has nothing to do with the Client.txt file, looking at that just keeps you busy until it eventually works?
IGN: Lexx_the_Silent
Confirmed. It takes about 10-15 client restarts to finally allocating files and start to install the game after endless "Checking resources..."
Thanks! =)
Thank you! Now client.txt file gets around 192,000 kb

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info