[SOLVED] Beta client gets stuck at checking resources.

I have had this issue before when it came to the regular client and the way I fixed it was by turning off my Antivirus. This doesnt seem to fix the issue for the beta client.

I have tried :
restarting my PC, restarting the launcher, turning off my AV, allowing poe beta client through my firewall, allowing poe beta client through my AV, copy and pasting the live games content.ggpk file, Deleting the beta content.ggpk file, running as admin, installing to a different directory.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I also couldnt get the content.ggpk defragmenter to work with the beta because it defaults to the live game's folder.

Edit: I would also like to add that the Content.ggpk file doesnt get any bigger than 16,385 KB no matter what I try.

Edit 2: Look at my second reply to this thread to see the fix that helped me.
IGN: ScareKrow
Last edited by scarekrow8 on Apr 30, 2015, 11:04:37 AM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2016, 10:47:22 AM
Disable all the antivirus/security stuff, run as administrator, and just be patient and let it run.
Bump, I just let it run for 8 hours over night without AV on to no avail. Do I have to uninstall the live game to install the beta?
No you don't, but it sounds like you still have antivirus or something running that is blocking the process.

What do the last few lines of the client.txt file in the logs folder say?
Holy shit I figured it out. Ok everyone who has this problem start by disabling your AV and Firewall. Then you go to your install directory and find the folder logs then find the client.txt file. You will see it starts at 0 kb and will get larger the more times you open then close the beta launcher. You have to keep opening and closing the beta launcher till that client.txt file gets around 107,500 kb.

Dont ask me how this worked but it seemed like I was forcing it to put all the files into the download queue faster. Took me about 30 times opening and closing the launcher. Hope this helps anyone else.
Wtf, is what I thought when I read your comment, but you re right. Around 107mb it stopped being stupid... LOL
Text Me about any items if I'm not online [Removed by Support], and i'll hop on poe to chat with you.
It's probably not the client that's being stupid..
Same here...coming back to check the game out after a long time and getting the same problem...Resolved with multiple starts of the .exe file and finally when client.txt was at 65,767KB it started downloading the patch, GGG could check on their end why that is happening...now waiting to check what's new!! Cheers,
The log file size is irrelevent as what you really care about is that all files are properly queued.

The only thing that the log file size says is that you queued enough files, as you get one line per file queued.
Can confirm that I also had this issue, and that restarting the client every 10s or so fixed it eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info