This is Chris today

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
cutt wrote:
I wish I could afford the cheapest one, but I can't. It's hard living in Putin's Russia, especially when all your savings lose half of its value =\

Its hard living in democratic USA when they steal half your check so deadbeats can live for free. Free Healthcare, Free house. Free food. Free Child care. So lucrative its not even worth working for low skilled ppl as you lose it all and make less money. Democracy is like two wolves and sheep deciding on dinner. Works great until you run out of sheep.

gz on your key cool gesture:)

still doing a little better than Russia bro....

Also love the family guy version lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Umyx wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
I can't afford or justify mass-buying packs costing 30 bucks

But you were able to blow $12,500 on a Ruler of Wraeclast pack.

And you completely missed his point.
Nachos? Yes.
"
Rowen_Edge wrote:

Negatory, cap'n!
"
Umyx wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

I also have a $70k car and a $600k townhouse, would you rather I drive a ten year old Corolla and live in a $500 a month ghetto apartment in Delafuckingnoware? Because I've done both. For years.

This isn't about what I can or could afford -- it's about justification.

I did buy over $1k worth of beta keys for people in the original Closed Beta. That was totally justified -- I was bringing new people to a game, potential supporters, and it was the only way to play the game in any way, shape or form. At $10 a key, it was all too easy to just keep clicking 'buy' for anyone who made an awesome post, who bothered to ask me for one.

Chris could have just given me those keys -- I'm sure he dispensed plenty to friends and big supporters during the original closed beta. But that wasn't the point. I felt the game was worth (easily) $10 per player.

I do not feel The Awakening beta is worth $30 per player. It's too fragile, too volatile, too desperately in need of targeted, considered feedback.

And each time GGG makes it easier for people to buy their way in, they're reducing their chances of maintaining the integrity of such feedback. Global's gone to shit because people are just joining without reading the appropriate closed beta forum; bugs are being reported to the wrong boards and, worst of all, people are just *bitching* about features and changes instead of giving balanced feedback. Basically, we're inundated with people who have no fucking idea how to behave in a closed beta.

That all said, more money for GGG always makes me happy. I must be one of the few people in the world that wouldn't be entirely sad if they just sold out and never had to work a day in their lives again. They've genuinely earned that in my eyes.

But we all know they never will.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Umyx wrote:
"
Rowen_Edge wrote:

Negatory, cap'n!

No, you didn't miss it. You just thought you'd try to use it for your own little agenda.

Consider yourself neutered. Don't expect a response unless you display a MASSIVE increase in ability regarding seeing past your own nose.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Oh my to the gee, someone just got served. Thank god we have large contributors around ;)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Charan wrote:
"
Umyx wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

I also have a $70k car and a $600k townhouse, would you rather I drive a ten year old Corolla and live in a $500 a month ghetto apartment in Delafuckingnoware? Because I've done both. For years.

I did buy over $1k worth of beta keys for people in the original Closed Beta. That was totally justified -- I was bringing new people to a game, potential supporters, and it was the only way to play the game in any way, shape or form. At $10 a key, it was all too easy to just keep clicking 'buy' for anyone who made an awesome post, who bothered to ask me for one.

Chris could have just given me those keys -- I'm sure he dispensed plenty to friends and big supporters during the original closed beta. But that wasn't the point. I felt the game was worth (easily) $10 per player.

I do not feel The Awakening beta is worth $30 per player. It's too fragile, too volatile, too desperately in need of targeted, considered feedback.

And each time GGG makes it easier for people to buy their way in, they're reducing their chances of maintaining the integrity of such feedback. Global's gone to shit because people are just joining without reading the appropriate closed beta forum; bugs are being reported to the wrong boards and, worst of all, people are just *bitching* about features and changes instead of giving balanced feedback. Basically, we're inundated with people who have no fucking idea how to behave in a closed beta.

That all said, more money for GGG always makes me happy. I must be one of the few people in the world that wouldn't be entirely sad if they just sold out and never had to work a day in their lives again. They've genuinely earned that in my eyes.

A normal person doesn't let their possessions define their self-worth.

"
Charan wrote:
people are just *bitching* about features and changes

Didn't you throw a fit when your trap/mine build was accidentally nerfed?
"
Charan wrote:
"
Umyx wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

Thats pretty fricken cool what you did for the original beta, thank you. I agree with you about the responsibility of a beta tester, if you aren't going to test the content to its limits and give useful feedback then why even bother? Thus the reason I had no intention of using my key, I do not have the time to adequately test the beta so I'd be doing everyone who plays the game an injustice if I did use it. I'd rather it go to someone who will use it the way it is intended.

Once again, Charan, thank you! What you did for the game goes way ,way above and beyond the norm.
Last edited by Cryptkeep3r on Apr 29, 2015, 9:09:20 PM
"
Charan wrote:
No, you didn't miss it. You just thought you'd try to use it for your own little agenda.

Consider yourself neutered. Don't expect a response unless you display a MASSIVE increase in ability regarding seeing past your own nose.

Check your ego, man. You don't intimidate me at all. You nurse on GGG's teat on the daily, so I'll let that speak for itself. Plebeian.
"
Umyx wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

Check your ego, man. You don't intimidate me at all. You nurse on GGG's teat on the daily, so I'll let that speak for itself. Plebeian.

Who even says that? Sounds like someone was bullied pretty hard in the past.. No need for name calling.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info