New Found Respect

Just craft your weapons if your attacker based?

my progression crafts

Using fate guide atm up to 78 maps.

Going with melee is sort of a bad move in a competitive 5 days though.

Either go ranked attack or caster. At least ranged attack based can go mf gear and outplay content.

I pretty much ran with 60% to 85% iir at lvl 66 doing maps and rolling them 40% and more for early farm of gear.

Progression with attack based has become A LOT better compared to early PoE :D.

recipes did not exist for weapons and neither did masters. Then you where actually screwed if you did not luck out on RNG, nowadays you can force a reasonable craft.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
For god's sake, why don't you link that Fate Guide?

It just weirds me out.

Edit: thinking it now, I guess I understand why. I'm a moron.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 28, 2015, 12:10:11 AM
"
Xtorma_Xtorma wrote:
For people who play self found. I was in cruel a2 before I got a boot drop with run speed. I am now in merciless a2 and my resists are shit, and my dps and life a low. I run more than I fight.

Apparently, you are doing it wrong. There is a level 90 in the hc race. It is too easy to get to endgame high lvl being that it only took a few days.

Funny that it has been the anti self-found crowd that commonly says the self found supporters are asking for improved drop rates to get all their op gear quickly. It seems that it is those very people that are being hypocritical. You sir would not enjoy this realm. Of coarse, it would be a perm league preferably and you would have eternity to collect the gear that you need.
Last edited by rob16437 on Apr 28, 2015, 12:15:47 AM
"
rob16437 wrote:
"
Xtorma_Xtorma wrote:
For people who play self found. I was in cruel a2 before I got a boot drop with run speed. I am now in merciless a2 and my resists are shit, and my dps and life a low. I run more than I fight.

Apparently, you are doing it wrong. There is a level 90 in the hc race. It is too easy to get to endgame high lvl being that it only took a few days.

Funny that it has been the anti self-found crowd that commonly says the self found supporters are asking for improved drop rates to get all their op gear quickly. It seems that it is those very people that are being hypocritical. You sir would not enjoy this realm. Of coarse, it would be a perm league preferably and you would have eternity to collect the gear that you need.

I'm pretty sure I'd be level 80 and done by now if I had gone with Arc or flameblast. But, que sera sera, you live and learn.

Just because 1 specific set of builds can rush the shit out of it doesn't mean there are not problems with the item system in the game - but that is really a discussion for another time. It does show that you can cheese your way to farming easily enough and then probably use that in order to find gear for other builds.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
rob16437 wrote:
"
Xtorma_Xtorma wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'd be level 80 and done by now if I had gone with Arc or flameblast. But, que sera sera, you live and learn.

Just because 1 specific set of builds can rush the shit out of it doesn't mean there are not problems with the item system in the game - but that is really a discussion for another time. It does show that you can cheese your way to farming easily enough and then probably use that in order to find gear for other builds.

And that, really, should be what's taken away from these races/self founds. Arc/Flameblast are incredibly easy to play both as a race build and without much in the way of gear. The very first day on HC 19/20 on the ladder were Templars playing one or the other.
Nachos? Yes.
I normally play self found till low 60's with the exception of gems, but right now just hit 67 mapping already with a 3 link on my KB build. Will be great that I just did it in 5 d solo because im going to test it on beta now that I was just granted access. So I will be able to see and tell the difference now and test the changes to the skill and supports.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Rowen_Edge wrote:
"

And that, really, should be what's taken away from these races/self founds. Arc/Flameblast are incredibly easy to play both as a race build and without much in the way of gear. The very first day on HC 19/20 on the ladder were Templars playing one or the other.

Begs the question then, should we remove the ease of those builds to race this way or balance other skills to make them equally viable options for doing so?

Looks like Act 4 is going to make this a possibility for some melee skills - cyclone springs to mind for sure.

This discussion has been rehashed a few times before though, so not sure whether it is worth starting a new thread for. Maybe with the results from the 5 day it could be a useful topic, but then again with all the incoming changes it could be a bit pointless.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 28, 2015, 1:00:05 AM
"
100 "f**k" when ever i found some really nice items that i only could vendor for shards.

When you find nice items you can't use, you plan your next build around them. The self found way. Like a man.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Boem wrote:
Self found simply requires planning from the player.

if you don't do that and "count" on rng to favor you, be prepared to get royally bummed.

Peace,

-Boem-

Wonder how you "plan around" not getting a single good rare drop. Oh, but you have orbs you found! Bad news tho, they are RNG too. :P
Not to mention gems. All you can plan are quest rewards, because they are the only thing you can be sure of. (welp, maybe resistances from the tree... ooookkk :P)

If anyone ever wants to play Self-found AND complains about RNG... you're going to have a bad time. :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
The only problem I see with self found is skill gems.
If you want to use puncture, you have to make sure you play a character who gets puncture as a reward. Hoping for that drop or lots of gemcutter's boxes can be frustrating.
BUt as far as items are concerned... they see to drop OK.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info