New Found Respect

For people who play self found. I was in cruel a2 before I got a boot drop with run speed. I am now in merciless a2 and my resists are shit, and my dps and life a low. I run more than I fight.
Welcome to my world. I played a Tornado shot archer in the 1month and couldn't get puncture to drop or show up on masters. It's like the game knew I wanted it.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 27, 2015, 10:04:46 PM
This league is a gigantic testimony to how incredibly shit PoE's item and currency drop rates are.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I just got to maps like normal, only with less fun and 100 "f**k" when ever i found some really nice items that i only could vendor for shards.

Currently lvl 80 and ran out of map for the first time in PoE... idk if i can go on to grind, my chances at getting Top 35 are small anyway.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 27, 2015, 10:09:39 PM
"
TikoXi wrote:
This league is a gigantic testimony to how incredibly shit PoE's item and currency drop rates are.

I would argue that is more a testament to the fact that the game was designed around being able to trade. Trying to play outside of that is bound to be a bit of a challenge.

The sheer number of 80+ players though would kind of indicate how achievable it is though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"

The sheer number of 80+ players though would kind of indicate how achievable it is though.

Yeah, we can only hope that all this "selfefound so haaard" whiners will shut up after many players that are used to trade went up on the ladder so fast without any problems without "OP Trading"
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
"
TikoXi wrote:

I would argue that is more a testament to the fact that the game was designed around being able to trade. Trying to play outside of that is bound to be a bit of a challenge.

its like those people that cried in d3 that they never find upgrades.
what do they expect? better drops? everyone will get better drops then and would've sold it in the auction house which then would mean that you dont find upgrades again lol
"
Xtorma_Xtorma wrote:
For people who play self found. I was in cruel a2 before I got a boot drop with run speed. I am now in merciless a2 and my resists are shit, and my dps and life a low. I run more than I fight.

Time to take this opportunity to learn all the vendor recipes you don't know.

For example:

White Boot + Quicksilver + Augmentation Orb = Blue Boots with 10% Move Speed (This will not change sockets)

or

Blue Boot with (10 or 15 or 20 or 25) Movement Speed + Quicksilver + Augmentation Orb = Blue Boots with (15 or 20 or 25 or 30) Movement Speed (This will re-roll sockets)

Many more recipes become relevant when leveling self found, solo.
It's not "designed" around trade... it's balanced based on trade. It's designed to be fine either way. The problem is that solo play has few safety nets. If you don't get a certain drop, your build is fucked. Simple drops... not fancy stuff. Stuff like melee splash, or multi-strike. Quest rewards grant stuff like this too late to be of use. Drop rates make them almost impossible to depend on.

Masters help. They need to offer more gems.
You could argue the other way as well though. I'm not saying what Op says is not the case for the majority of people but some veterans on top of the ladder in this race are showing how fast you can progress and get to insanely high levels without trading a single gem or gear.

I do agree certain skills are overpowered enough that you don't need to buy any items from someone else but in reality the progression and leveling speed is more about the exp penalty, map levels and overall damage out put of builds . Don't forget about masters which was one of the greatest addition to the game for casual players and self found players. Once you level them up, you can totally forget about the lack of trading.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Apr 27, 2015, 10:29:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info