Path of Exile Cinematics?

"
ShadowShinobi wrote:
I'm one of those people who rarely reads NPC Dialogues or listens to them, I would happily watch a Cinematic to get more involved with the Game.

What if said "cinematic" would be nothing but angle shots of a single NPC as it says its usual ingame monologue? :)
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
I agree that this would be cool, but the primary issue I see is that it would require GGG to hire an entirely new team of people whose focus wouldn't be on actual gameplay at all. GGG doesn't have that much extra money, and a f2p game getting diablo-like cinematics is basically unheard of.

Lots of game companie actually hire specific studios to do this kind of stuff. For example, most of Riot League of Legends CGI are done by Blur Studios (they do TONS of video game CGI, go check their website, i'm sur you already saw some of their work).
Blizzard is one of the very few companie who have a dedicated team to do the CGI for their game.
Difference between poe and lol is that poe is a good game and dont have to lure ppl with cinematics, lol is like worst moba created.
Or just don't argue about it and make volunteer fan-made version, and trade it to GGG for some MTX's.
My vote is for GGG to make a POE film so bloody and gory that it has a new ESRB rating developed specifically for it.

Full CGI motion picture!! Must have Morgan Freeman as the old guy in act 2, Must have Bruce Willis as the duelist, must have Barry White as Haku, keep the Dominus voiceactor (scientist from xmen who makes wolverine have the metal skelliton) and so on :D

I want to see the comics and poe come to life, we owe this to the masses :D

GG GGG
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
Last edited by LeHeup80 on Apr 27, 2015, 10:23:45 AM
I'd be content with budget act transitions. An animated title card, some dramatic music, nice concept art.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 27, 2015, 10:34:53 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
The difference is that Riot has more money than it knows what to do with, while GGG most certainly does not. Chris has answered this question multiple times and the answer has always been "It would be cool, but waaaaay too expensive to be worth it - we'd rather spend the money on the game itself".

Not really. They don't have to be Blizzard level stuff in quality. Divinity : OS had a lot of cinematics. I don't see how that kind of cinematics they had could be too expensive to do.
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
Criss mention somewhere recently that ggg woild rather spend their manpower for gamestuff over cosmetic, even if i love cutscene and scenematic i support ggg on that one.

I do recall a dev comment also stating that cinematics weren't something they currently had anyone on staff for. No one skilled at that sort of thing. This was a long while ago though. I'm wondering if things have changed somewhat. If so, SKIPABLE cutscenes would be welcome at the start of a new game, and between each act ( wouldn't want to sit through them when I'm speeding through or anything ).

That being said, it isn't super important.

EDIT - To what Charan posted. I think that with a bit of voice over by the various character classes would be more than enough to satisfy.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Apr 27, 2015, 11:02:37 AM
"
I think it would be really cool if GGG came out with some type of cinematic for Path of Exile. I play League of Legends from time to time and they have come out with some really cool cinematics highlighting some of the characters in the game. It would be cool to maybe see like a group of people trying to take on Kole, or maybe like an intense boss fight where an Exile comes out of nowhere and helps finish the boss off. There are a lot of different things that I am sure the developers could come up with. Anyone else think that this could be a really cool thing for GGG to start doing?

It will eventually happen don't worry:)
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
No way I hate cinematics. I always click through if possible in a game.

if you want to watch a movie go watch one games are active entertainment not passive like a movie.

I didnt sign up for movies when i play video games.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 27, 2015, 12:33:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info