Path of Exile Cinematics?

I think it would be really cool if GGG came out with some type of cinematic for Path of Exile. I play League of Legends from time to time and they have come out with some really cool cinematics highlighting some of the characters in the game. It would be cool to maybe see like a group of people trying to take on Kole, or maybe like an intense boss fight where an Exile comes out of nowhere and helps finish the boss off. There are a lot of different things that I am sure the developers could come up with. Anyone else think that this could be a really cool thing for GGG to start doing?
The difference is that Riot has more money than it knows what to do with, while GGG most certainly does not. Chris has answered this question multiple times and the answer has always been "It would be cool, but waaaaay too expensive to be worth it - we'd rather spend the money on the game itself".
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I'd also rather they spend it on the game itself
It would be really cool. It would also be really expensive. They just don't have the kind of budget they would need for that.
I agree that this would be cool, but the primary issue I see is that it would require GGG to hire an entirely new team of people whose focus wouldn't be on actual gameplay at all. GGG doesn't have that much extra money, and a f2p game getting diablo-like cinematics is basically unheard of.

Edit: wow, looks like I had this tab open way too long and 3 people said the same thing before me >.>
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 26, 2015, 10:24:50 PM
Definitely would be cool to have them show atleast One Cinematic before and after each Act. I'm one of those people who rarely reads NPC Dialogues or listens to them, I would happily watch a Cinematic to get more involved with the Game.

Honestly, POE doesn't even have any Customization features so this shouldn't be hard to do for any Animators, Considering Multiple Chars would looks the same >_>;
Last edited by ShadowShinobi on Apr 26, 2015, 10:38:33 PM
"
ShadowShinobi wrote:
Definitely would be cool to have them show atleast One Cinematic before and after each Act. I'm one of those people who rarely reads NPC Dialogues or listens to them, I would happily watch a Cinematic to get more involved with the Game.

Honestly, POE doesn't even have any Customization features so this shouldn't be hard to do for any Animators, Considering Multiple Chars would looks the same >_>;

Just one before and after each act? Why so humble? :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
is not just the money, take time too
my english sux.
Criss mention somewhere recently that ggg woild rather spend their manpower for gamestuff over cosmetic, even if i love cutscene and scenematic i support ggg on that one.
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
Cinematics are just lazy game design.

It much classier to develop the narrative within the game than use expose.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info