Home

It was a good vacation, but after 3012 miles in the car (that's over 4800 kilometers to you weird foreign types) I have a few observations.

Other cars:
Spoiler
Surprisingly the largest number of assholes on the road were not driving luxury SUV's. Except maybe in Florida. No, the number car for the worse drivers I saw were Nissan Altimas by a large margin.

Other States:
Spoiler
For the most part I like traveling down and up the Eastern Seaboard, but parts of Georgia stink! Its those damn Koch brother plants. Phew!

Stopped in the middle of South Carlina for dinner and the accent was thick! I grew up in the south, but damn. Stop for the night on the border with Georgia (did I mention part of Georgia smells bad?) and the hotel staff had just the lightest trace of an accent.

Food:
Spoiler
Beer good! Fresh seafood with beer better! Also ordered grits once. Remembered why I don't eat it anymore.

Hotels:
Spoiler
Pay the extra for a better hotel. Trust me on this one. Or don't.

Traveling:
Spoiler
We learned to ignore the GPS on occasion. The worse is Washington D.C. Just stay on I95. Also New Jersey wants way too much money for driving though it, but their service areas are very nice.

Getting home:
Spoiler
Time to play some games after a week of withdrawals.
Dear diary, on this day...

Glad you had a good vacation!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Glad you made it back safe old goat.

People who drive SUVs should be required to have a truck license.

Spoiler
was going to joke about gender and racial driving stereotypes but thought I'd keep it to myself.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

My wife does most of the driving. Partially because she gets motion sickness pretty easy, but I also suffer from leg problems that don't allow me to drive more than three or four hours at a time.

Before you make old age jokes about my legs...
Spoiler
I was 17 when I came close to losing one of them in an accident and damaged the other. So don't drink and drive kids. Or as in my case, get in a car with another that has been drinking too.
That smell was the paper mill between Brunswick, GA and St. Mary's (the last town on the border of Florida) on I-95.

It has always smelled that bad. I grew up in Savannah and we used to have an awful paper mill right near downtown. The entire city smelled like a giant rotten egg for my entire youth. They changed the chemical makeup to smell better and give off less pollution but eventually it closed down anyway.

Dont let that 15 miles of smell completely reflect our grand state. georgia is a keen place to live.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 26, 2015, 9:34:59 PM
I did say just parts of Georgia.

Our next trip down, we are thinking of taking two weeks and on the return trip stopping for a day or two in Savanna and then stopping for a day or two in Charleston.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info