GGG - I have a huge idea for you (maybe for the next big change)

first of all, if a GGG manager looks at it, i would love to hear your thoughts on this on....

the main idea is - Prestige classes

until now, the deference from one class to another was only the tree,

i have a mechanics that might just be amazing for many new builds, and for area of expertise.

there will be many prestige classes for each class,

after the class is taking a specific set of skills in the tree, and in the requierd level,

the possibility will open, and will be irreversible or very expensive to revers.

each prestige will have a huge advantage and a huge disadvantage.

i'll give some examples:

a witch that takes increased cold damage in the amount of 100%, and takes EB + phase acrobatics will get a prestige that will have a nice name that will be shown (like impenetrable ice witch or something), and will have additional 25% to dodge spells, but... EB + acrobatics have a disadvantage together, and it might have an additional 10% more chance to get hit by attacks

a morader that will take critical strike chance (global) for 70% or more, and resolute technique and art of the gladiator will get a "ninja morader" that will have 50 more damage with a cool down on 1 sec after deployed, but will take 10 more damage

a scion that will take 36% fire resist from the tree (not all elemental resist but specific fire) + barbarism will get +4 to max fire resist but will also have -4 to all other max resist

if you like the idea GGG, i hope to see it someday in the metagame....

think that ppl will try to find out which prestige you created, and you can make alot of them, to make it more fun to play...

thank you for your time reading this...
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Apr 26, 2015, 6:16:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
by the way, are my examples unbalanced?
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
So you're saying getting to a certain point in the tree and getting some arbitrary bonus for reaching this?

So exactly what jewels are in the beta. You get to the slot and you get that bonus.

Being essentially classless save for tree optimization has been a cornerstone for ggg. Creating fancy titles for effectively nothing would create diversity only in name.
Balance Nightmare. The suggestion is by no means bad, but it would take a whole lot of work to implement.
ya, but it will be cool :)

and this game will need something new in about 4-8 months....

so why not using what in inside the game, and make it more interresting?
I agree that classes should be differentiated better. Whenever I see cool build ideas, I look at the tree and can recreate the build with 2-3 other classes with only minor changes. So a templar and a shadow can be almost interchanged.

But in order to avoid humungous balance issues I'd rather give each class a special property (say, shadow gets a base evasion bonus of x%, while a marauder gets extra phys dmg or so). Then also limit some of the gear to specific classes, like only marauder+templar can wear the heaviest armour, while only witch and shadow can use wands, or whatever.

But I'm quite looking forward to act 4 and ready to try all their new ideas. Only when that gets old, we need the next big thing...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
I agree that classes should be differentiated better. Whenever I see cool build ideas, I look at the tree and can recreate the build with 2-3 other classes with only minor changes. So a templar and a shadow can be almost interchanged.

But in order to avoid humungous balance issues I'd rather give each class a special property (say, shadow gets a base evasion bonus of x%, while a marauder gets extra phys dmg or so). Then also limit some of the gear to specific classes, like only marauder+templar can wear the heaviest armour, while only witch and shadow can use wands, or whatever.

But I'm quite looking forward to act 4 and ready to try all their new ideas. Only when that gets old, we need the next big thing...

HMMM i really enjoy playing my melee tank witch. I would explode if this was implemented. What you're suggesting is already in the game through beginning nodes. Shadow has ele/phys, mara has life/armour, templar has ele/life/armour etc. Each class is good at one thing but specializing in something is done through the tree and its done really well.
do you guys think my idea can have a place?

searchig for new abilities with odd combinations?
This is actually an idea I like.

In my opinion an overabundance of choice is not that satisfying. In my opinion its more interesting to have more obvious builds which a clear theme which defer from each other significantly.
Currenly PoE works this way: You can do whatever you like, but you are encouraged to use any OP mechanics, usually ending up with a character which seems very random.

For instance: Skills like hatred and the ice herald are such examples.
If you want to make a PURE PHYSICAL archer, you are still best of adding cold damage, because of the utility.

I like purity in games a lot more, even though it costs diversity. More than often diversity is only just an illusion anyway...

PS.:

Id propose that there might "classstones" (different than keystones) which offer only small boni and you can chose only 2. If you have chosen 2, you get a certain class, which gives tremdous up and downsides like:

-you can only do colddamage
-you get 30% cold penetration
-you cannot crit
-15% less HP and ES
Last edited by ExiledRenor on Apr 26, 2015, 7:13:26 PM
I appreciate the effort but this sort of idea has been floating around the suggestions board for years.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info