mechanic questions

Hi, I'm doing a dual dyadus build and I wanted to know if it's possible to chill (with normal attacks) with this unique: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pyre
If it's not possible, what's the best way to chill enemies? arctic breath?

Another question, are you chilled when frozen?
I think cold snap will still freeze/chill, but your attacks will not chill/freeze because you will deal X cold damage, which 100% of is converted to fire damage. You can do it without Cold Snap by using Three Dragons and dealing lightning damage which will then chill/freeze instead, but then your burns are... Shocking, I believe.
Edit: Arctic Breath is also good because of the frozen ground.
While frozen, you are not chilled. You are one or the other (unless you are frozen and then chilled by one of the Vaal knights; I don't know if this is true).
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Last edited by TheMaker51 on Apr 25, 2015, 10:24:00 AM
If you wear Pyre you do no cold damage so any chill and freeze that gets procced will last 0 seconds. Frozen ground works because you don't have to do any damage for it.

Chill and freeze timers go simultaneously (chill formula makes it last a bit longer so you can check that for yourself), unless you got that passive that starts chill when freeze ends.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 25, 2015, 10:42:30 AM
Ok so the best way to do it would be to use artic breath and pyre but I have another question, I think the answer is no but I want to be sure, does the 100% increased chill duration from dyadus applies to chilling ground somehow? What chilling spell would you use ?
I thought of artic breath with CWDT and GMP but I'm not sure if it's the best idea. Maybe cold snap is better?
Does increased duration make the chilling ground last longer on arctic breath??
"
ne3zy wrote:
Ok so the best way to do it would be to use artic breath and pyre but I have another question, I think the answer is no but I want to be sure, does the 100% increased chill duration from dyadus applies to chilling ground somehow? What chilling spell would you use ?

No, chill inflicted by chilling ground has no duration, it lasts as long as you stand on it.

"
ne3zy wrote:
I thought of artic breath with CWDT and GMP but I'm not sure if it's the best idea. Maybe cold snap is better?

Arctic breath and arctic armor are pretty much your only options if you use Pyre.

"
ne3zy wrote:
Does increased duration make the chilling ground last longer on arctic breath??

Yes, the ground ice will stick around longer.

thanks a lot! do you know if pyre convert all damage to fire or is it only attacks? can I still make cold damage with arctic breath for example?
If it doesn't specify, it's converting all damage. I don't think we even have an item that does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info