POE Needs a Built In option, to 'Dial Down' Skill Animation Effects!

I've recently returned to POE after months of absence, to warm up for 2.0.
Within 5 mins of playing I was woefully reminded why I stopped playing.

Desync is as bad as ever, possible worse. I've heard rumours however, that 2.0 will introduce a 'No Desync' Option where server and client are always aligned and action latency is soley based off ping.

GREAT NEWS!...But... I have doubts weather this will fix lags/FPS drops from skill animations, ie: ALL Mjolner Builds, CoC Dischargers, High Attack Speed builds, ect...

I'm no 'coder' but a UI option to dial down Skill Animation Effects sounds simple, and I have no doubt it will improve gameplay for a HUGE number of players!

Let know in the comments below if you agree.

(If there's already a way to lower skill effects in game config I'd love to know!)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I estimate over half of reported desync isn't desync at all, but actually graphics issues.

Adding lower-res options is far from easy and would require a lot of work by GGG.

GGG has started they are against graphics lowering options, because the art of the game is meant to be viewed. I partially agree with them; I'm against an optic to remove an animations or particles, but I support the idea of an option to use lower-res versions of the graphics ("low" ok, "off" not okay).

It would be a lot of work but I think it's important that they either do it, or release some realistic hardware requirements so people would know what they need to avoid graphics issues.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 25, 2015, 1:41:12 AM
GGG does have some improvements already in place to make the in game effects run more smoothly.

Hmm, I can't find the post where one of the beta players commented on how this improvement was really working well.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I estimate over half of reported desync isn't desync at all, but actually graphics issues.

Adding lower-res options is far from easy and would require a lot of work by GGG.

GGG has started they are against graphics lowering options, because the art of the game is meant to be viewed. I partially agree with them; I'm against an optic to remove an animations or particles, but I support the idea of an option to use lower-res versions of the graphics ("low" ok, "off" not okay).

It would be a lot of work but I think it's important that they either do it, or release some realistic hardware requirements so people would know what they need to avoid graphics issues.

I could not agree more! Turning particle affects off completely would spoil the game. But the option of reducing all the excess flashing lights would NOT deduct from the game. Quite the contrary, is would enhance the gameplay considerably for literally hundreds of thousands of players.

Imagine never having to worry about grouping with a discharger. Or any Mjolner Build, CoC build, Crazy vaal spark build.

=)
Stupid Android autocorrect.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
While i'm sure the option would be a nice addition i'm not sure if the beta has one included(yet)

Chris did say though that they had "fixed" it so that effects that overlapped only displayed one rather than each individual effects stacking.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 25, 2015, 3:22:18 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
While i'm sure the option would be a nice addition i'm not sure if the beta has one included(yet)

Chris did say though that they had "fixed" it so that effects that overlapped only displayed one rather than each individual effects stacking.

You mate Just made my day!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

You mate Just made my day!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info