Exception Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapCheck

So I have this error constanly when I change maps, not any time but very common, like 2/5 location change... I read topic about it, it was a year ago, Im curious if it fixed now? Its huge problem, I know its about out of memory but still, it must happen ?! especialy in act III, in act 1 I dont have this until Ancient Pyramid locations.

PLEASE HELP ME!

its looks lkike this:

"
Exception
„Metadata/Terrain/Act3/Rooms/city_town.arm”:Failed to load doodad „Metadata/NPC/Missions/StrDex”: „Metadata/NPC/Missions/StrDex.ao”: Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2113339392 size: 10316908

„Metadata/Terrain/Act3/Town/generate.rs”: Bad rooms in .rs file: Metadata/Terrain/Act3/Town/Rooms/city_town.arm”: Failed to load doodad „Metadata/NPC/Missions/StrDex”: Metadata/NPC/Missions/StrDex.ao”: Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset 2113339392 Size: 10316808

„Metadata/Monsters/Exiles/ExileDuelist1@30”: Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 211333932 Size: 10316808 Above errors are from base class: Metadata/Characters/StrDex/StrDex.ao
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2017, 11:53:22 AM
If you have not upgraded your PC to have atleast a 64 bit os and 4 gig of ram then you'll still have the problem.

I'd heard there would be some work towards this crash in the act 4 patch BUT i wouldn't hold your breath for it to be a sure fix.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
GGG PLEASE FIX THIS GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT MOVE FROM IMPERIAL GARDENS TO SCEPTRE OF GOD!!!! GAME CRASH ALL THE TIME WHEN I TRY ENTER ZONE !!!!!!!!!!!

REALY FFS ?!

I PLAY ON LOWEST POSSIBLE GRAPHICS.....

I WANT COMPLETE ACT III AND START CRUEL DIFFICULTY!!!!!

IM REALY ANGER AFTER 5 MINUTES PLAY - CRASH - START AGAIN - 5 MINUTES PLAY - CRASH @LOOP

caps are very intenional.
Try reading...if you have a toaster UPGRADE and stop blaming everything else

LOL!

I play diablo 2 for ages, graphics is so similar, realy, nothing even happened, no problems at all with d2. PoE problem is with optimization the game code, nothing more... So sad, such a good game, so much problems with play...

I play rpg games for almost two decades now, PoE is ONE of the best game I ever seen, realy! But....

:(
Diablo 2 is a very old game in comparison to PoE.

Not even sure why you're trying to compare them.

PoE is very system intensive. If you don't have a 64-bit OS and 4gb of RAM, then you WILL have issues.
Ok, I chillout, Im in Cruel act2, I must use mechanic with find Way Point and after game crash start from this point, its working but so annoying, I dont give up, PoE is too good!
"
Hellus666 wrote:
Ok, I chillout, Im in Cruel act2, I must use mechanic with find Way Point and after game crash start from this point, its working but so annoying, I dont give up, PoE is too good!

FYI the diffrences between D2 and PoR for ram is massive

D2 minimum 32mb or ram, recomended 128mb going up to 256mb with more players.

PoE requires 2 gig of free ram, initial loading of the game takes 1.5 gig or more.

Even if you had 4 gig of ram with windows 7 having a 32 bit OS removes 500mb straight away, the OS then uses 1.5 gig for itself and other stuff like av and the game a max of 2 gig.

You'll be hitting max ram usage running at the bare minimum on a 32 bit OS and the more stuff you have running on the PC(music/downloads/browser) the less the game has to use and the more likely the crash occurs.

They did do a fix on this by reducing the asset sizes by 30% or more and it worked for the most part but as time goes on and more stuff is added the more full ram gets.

OK, but now I have a question, about end game (in future I think I complete Merciless difficulty) If game crash when I enter maps from map device its possible to back and try one of 4 existed portals? Im so curious, ff they reset after DC or not?!
the map device will allow you to use remaining portals as long as you didn't let them time-out and the instance itself didn't crash.
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 26, 2015, 3:52:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info