Jewelry?

So, a Moonstone Ring adds energy shield... What about other defences?
I.e.: A Grass Ring grants 10-30 Evasion.
A Plated Ring grants 20-40 Armor.

Or more out there things like:
A Stone Ring grants 1-2 Block Chance.
A Shining Ring grants 1-2 Dodge Chance.
A Whispering Ring adds 1-4% Cast Speed.
A Whistling Ring adds 1-4% Attack Speed.

Then Amulets for each of these as well, with different values.

Also, Coral Amulets kind of stop being useful pretty quickly. I think the solution is to shift them from hp/sec to %max/sec. Just have them roll from .3 to 1% of Max Life regen per second and they become much more attractive and scale perfectly into higher levels. Currently Coral Amulets are pretty much only good for the Chaos recipe at high levels... So this would definitely be a buff. I think it's well within the range of "balanced" though, at under 1%.

Note that any of the numbers here are subject to balance changes, I just wanted to throw the concept out there. I dunno, Grass and Plated Rings just sound awesome to me. Eek out that last 1% evade chance or physical reduction, ya know?
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
To add to this.... Iron Rings! From ilvl 1-78 it rolls the same exact implicit flat phys roll! Can it not roll some type of range?

everything else is pretty good!! Not sure about Grass ring for a name personally but thats not the point anyway now is it? \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:
To add to this.... Iron Rings! From ilvl 1-78 it rolls the same exact implicit flat phys roll! Can it not roll some type of range?

everything else is pretty good!! Not sure about Grass ring for a name personally but thats not the point anyway now is it? \m/

Adding ranges would be nice. However I don't feel like there can't be less desirable items. PoE also needs some early-game items due to racing. Dropping an iron ring early in a race, just gives a nice advantage, since the damage helps killing stuff.

Giving higher numbers with higher levels surely wouldn't hurt for Coral Amulets the iron ring however has the issue of benefiting some builds a lot more. Namely Pillar or Facebreaker. Giving easy access to flat physical damage might be an issue in those two cases, which would require some more work then just changing numbers.
"
Demonoz wrote:

Yeah! Iron Rings could just be a %Increased Physical Damage and they would scale throughout the whole game. It would mean you have to already be dealing physical damage, but in basically every case I can think of that's not a problem anyway.

I called it a Grass Ring because a coil of blades of grass seems fitting for evasion. It's lightweight, and would have awesome art. :P
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
cool suggestion, I´d like more base type items for rings :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info