Few suggestions on master missions and on the beyond mod

Few suggestions:
- Change the beyond mod so that instead of having to hoard monsters for portals, you would have a percentage change of spawning beyond monster on kill. The chance would depend on the percentage of killed monsters so that full clear would give 100% chance to spawn a beyond boss (only one per map). This would make those maps quite intresting since every kill you make could potentially spawn a beyond monster/boss.
- Change timed master missions so that they would not be just pass/fail when time runs out. Instead, when time runs out a random negative modifier gets applied. These could be +x monster damage/speed, curses, haku-type effects etc. A new clock then starts for a second negative modifier. When a certain number of negative modifiers have been applied, the mission is failed.
- Catarinas "herding" missions could do with stronger summons but with a longer time delay between summons. Currently it is more about getting those pesky undead to follow and less about fighting for them since the summons are quite weak.

And there really should be some decision regarding level 8 masters on hideouts. The invite/dismiss cycle does not seems to serve any gameplay purpose so why "force" it on the players?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
see my old thread about it for ideas about how to deal with the invite/dismiss cycle.

i like your timed modifier idea quite a lot. heck, i'd even say no auto-fail. if they can handle 20 negative mods and keep going, i say let em!

i agree that some masters need their missions tweaked. vagan, cat, and elreon in particular are very bland and mechanical. there is little if any variation, and generally they are the easiest as well.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info