The One Main Thing I Dislike

Eternal orbs and mirror orbs;

Eternal orbs and mirror orbs together discourage me from ever crafting. I crafted myself a ring quickly yesterday to fill a gap in my gear, but I have no reason to ever try to craft anything end game. The market is owned by a very few group of people who just offer mirror services to people. Eternal orbs are awesome if mirror orbs didn't exist and vice versa. Honestly, in the future, I would like to see mirror orbs become even more rare or removed. I think they are too common right now as it is, either because of bots, or RMT which have ruined the balance between those two. The cost of crafting an end game item should be comparable to a mirror or 3/4th of a mirror. As it stands, it's much cheaper to trade for a mirror and use that plus 40 or so exalts for mirror service fee to get what you want.

If those orbs were changed I feel like the economy would be much more dynamic than it is right now. If anyone has insight as to why I my view is flawed or has a different opinion I welcome a response because it might help me see the orbs in a better light.

Thanks!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Eternal orbs and mirror orbs;

Eternal orbs and mirror orbs together discourage me from ever crafting. I crafted myself a ring quickly yesterday to fill a gap in my gear, but I have no reason to ever try to craft anything end game. The market is owned by a very few group of people who just offer mirror services to people. Eternal orbs are awesome if mirror orbs didn't exist and vice versa. Honestly, in the future, I would like to see mirror orbs become even more rare or removed. I think they are too common right now as it is, either because of bots, or RMT which have ruined the balance between those two. The cost of crafting an end game item should be comparable to a mirror or 3/4th of a mirror. As it stands, it's much cheaper to trade for a mirror and use that plus 40 or so exalts for mirror service fee to get what you want.

If those orbs were changed I feel like the economy would be much more dynamic than it is right now. If anyone has insight as to why I my view is flawed or has a different opinion I welcome a response because it might help me see the orbs in a better light.

Thanks!

Its cheaper to buy a copy then it is to make an original because of the RNG involved, plus the person that has the original is typically in it for the long run, meaning they don't have to make back the money off 1 sale they can do 50 copies of 1 item and get paid back in returns.

If your willing to take the risk and get lucky you can make an item worthy of a mirror as well.

But lets be honest here you are talking about standard, standard problems are so meh when you are talking about the overall balance of the game. Not to mention these new weapon bases, higher tier mods and other Act 4 related changes will make a lot of these mirror level items not BiS anymore.

Mirrors are not that common, but all the ones from HC temp leagues and SC temp leagues typically end up in standard for various reasons, this sort of inflates the supply, but to be honest 180-200 ex for a mirror is out of everyone but .0000000001% of the poe population.

Eternals were designed to be used for more then just high end crafting, such as preserving a rare chrome set on a chest piece, I don't think removing them (or mirrors) are necessary. You always want that feeling of being able to find something extremely rare while playing the game.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its cheaper to buy a copy then it is to make an original because of the RNG involved, plus the person that has the original is typically in it for the long run, meaning they don't have to make back the money off 1 sale they can do 50 copies of 1 item and get paid back in returns.

If your willing to take the risk and get lucky you can make an item worthy of a mirror as well.

But lets be honest here you are talking about standard, standard problems are so meh when you are talking about the overall balance of the game. Not to mention these new weapon bases, higher tier mods and other Act 4 related changes will make a lot of these mirror level items not BiS anymore.

Mirrors are not that common, but all the ones from HC temp leagues and SC temp leagues typically end up in standard for various reasons, this sort of inflates the supply, but to be honest 180-200 ex for a mirror is out of everyone but .0000000001% of the poe population.

Eternals were designed to be used for more then just high end crafting, such as preserving a rare chrome set on a chest piece, I don't think removing them (or mirrors) are necessary. You always want that feeling of being able to find something extremely rare while playing the game.

That's certainly a good way to look at it. I guess I'm just bitter because I like having a shot at the top items without thinking to myself that I could just copy someones for a fraction of the cost. Even though I know the same people will craft the new items ASAP to make mirror services from them, at least this gives me a bit of a better perspective on things.
Last edited by TheRealSlayton on Apr 24, 2015, 7:50:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info