[Idea] A new flask with "Starts Energy Shield Regeneration"

How about a new flask type which when used it would trigger the start of ES regen regardless of the time when you took damage.

Of course if you take damage after activating the flask, the regen stops as normal.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Kranyum on Apr 24, 2015, 1:01:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Tentatively against it, though it's at least a little bit less terrible* since it stops regen when you get hit (and would only be good for a slightly faster out of combat healing).

* Terrible here defined as a weakening of the meaning of ES as a distinct and unique pool not equivalent or directly comparable to Red Life. The "Blue Life" design is already limiting enough, and it exists because of ZO, GR, and stuff like the upcoming "eshield on hit". This addition would add to that pile.
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 24, 2015, 3:12:39 PM
We already have a flask that does that.... all you have to do is spec for RF with ES (No CI) and once you can sustain RF everytime you pop a ruby it acts like a life flask for your ES! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I personally don't see a reason against it. Perhaps someone can explain.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
It makes useless all those energy shield delay nodes...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
CI doesn't need it.

If I had a thousand bucks though, I'd design one for Life+ES that will would "overflow" the restoration into your ES pool based on your current maximum life. Effectively turning it into an extended life bar for ES builds that also have substantial investments in life.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Apr 24, 2015, 5:44:57 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
It makes useless all those energy shield delay nodes...

it is limited by charges though and it takes up a flask slot which can be used for smth else.

I see it as a good addition with the current EB.
The problem is that flask has to be specific to EB.

Because I am going to be using it for CI or Life+ES.
And from that perspective, I don't think it's necessary, because Vaal Discipline effectively gives you infinite mana for its duration and maxes out your "mana" for Mind over Matter.

EB should, on its own, should be a brute force solution to mana problems, at the price of sacrificing ES and gear slots. A unique shouldn't be required to fix it.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Apr 24, 2015, 6:22:18 PM
It doesn't look like the intention of this flask is specific to EB.

The new flask can have that text, "Starts Energy Shield Regeneration". Duration: 0.01 seconds. Obviously, if you are taking damage during that time the regeneration would instantly stop.
"
Starxsword wrote:
It doesn't look like the intention of this flask is specific to EB.

The new flask can have that text, "Starts Energy Shield Regeneration". Duration: 0.01 seconds. Obviously, if you are taking damage during that time the regeneration would instantly stop.

Yes the flask is all purpose. And it would work exactly how you describe it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info