RAN 7 PLATEAU MAPS TODAY

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
I guess people will forever quote this without paying attention to what the quote actually means. No, it doesn't mean this game is meant to be a trading simulator. It means that item value is important and who in their right mind would disagree? In the end it's all about the loot.

The quote means the economy is the most important element.

There is no out of context, there's no 'just that item value is important'.

It's plain and simply that the economy is the most important element and that any and every other element of the game will be made/tuned/adjusted/designed, first and foremost with economy in mind.

But you implied it means that PoE is meant to be a trading simulator, which is wrong.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
RNG is RNG, just grind it out. Maintaining a map pool is stupidly easy.

jusdging by your extensive rooster of no-level characters you surely do not know what you are talking about

one 85 char? you dont even need maps 72+ to get there, most of your other chars never even went into maps

If you don't believe me, there's enough data from people who recorded 1000+ map runs :) I guess you have to resort to ad hominem because you can't attack the facts.

just refrain commenting on stuff you have nothing to add to - and youll be fine

as long as you do pretend to know about something you in fact have no clue - expect to be pointed out
"
Xavderion wrote:
But you implied it means that PoE is meant to be a trading simulator, which is wrong.

LMAO, no, it is not wrong.

Xav, there is a reason every single item that is generated in PoE besides quest items, MTXs and eternal imprints are able to be traded.

This forum community is truly amazing.

If I was to say something about trading being over-focussed in PoE, I'll be reminded of how big a part of PoE it is and should be, I'll be told of how the economy is the most important element and even linked Chris' quote.

But if I answer the same (minus the 'should be' part), the very same people will call BS.

WTactualF?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 24, 2015, 1:56:33 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:

just refrain commenting on stuff you have nothing to add to - and youll be fine

as long as you do pretend to know about something you in fact have no clue - expect to be pointed out

So you have nothing to say against the facts, you just wanted to point out how I shouldn't talk about the facts because I haven't gathered and analyzed the numbers myself? Pretty useless if you ask me :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

LMAO, no, it is not wrong.

Xav, there is a reason every single item that is generated in PoE besides quest items, MTXs and eternal imprints are able to be traded.

The reason is that items should have value because that's what ARPGs are about, looting items of value. The reason is not the trading process itself, trade is just a means to give the loot value. Or to word it differenlty, there is not an economy because GGG wanted us to trade, there is trade because GGG wanted to create an economy (so items can have value).
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

My point was kinda that right now you do get exited about cartho's simply because maps are rare. If they were common then you wouldn't.

And i never ment running 75 maps at 66. However if your map pool is plentiful, you can start running higher maps alot quicker then you normally would. The point of where high lvl maps become worth it survivability wise/xp per hour wise is subjective to everyone for themselves. The main point was if maps weren't rare they wouldn't be exiting either as a drop, or interesting as a currency.

You say you don't buy or sell maps. I don't understand why you try to argue you can't win a 100m race on 1 leg. You are doing this to yourself imo.

Again. I don't have a map problem. I am not arguing that i am losing because i'm not. I am arguing that it comes down to being lucky with map DROPS. Yes trading is important in this obviously trading based game but in this same thread you are arguing that it is not a trading based game which I am confused about. I agree you can maintain map pools through trade. But when maps drop for you are you excited because they are rare or because you see them as one less thing you have to pay for? Or one more thing you can sell? Also by implying you HAVE to trade for them implies that you kind agree they can't be maintained through drops. Do you see this?

Is it really that black and white for you? It's either no trading, or a trading simulator? For me it's in the middle and i never claimed otherwise. Just because i said it's not a trading simulator doesn't mean i said there is no trading.

I also never said you can maintain a map pool by just waiting for map drops. Sure you can hit a lucky streak, but that's about it. However, you could sustain a map pool by selling the stuff you find in the maps you run and then buy some maps occasionally. I don't see there is a problem with that. Chris has said many times, he doesn't want people to chain high level maps.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

But we are in full agreement (other than 'out of context'). I don't really know why you even responded to my fist post.

No we aren't. Just like Yungwhiz you seem to think even a little trading would make a game a trading simulator.
Last edited by Miská on Apr 24, 2015, 2:24:29 PM
"
Miská wrote:
No we aren't. Just like Yungwhiz you seem to think even a little trading would make a game a trading simulator.

Where are you getting this from?

I'm so confused at every single post you've made. I needed to go check if someone has been posting on my account, but, nope.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Where are you getting this from?

I'm so confused at every single post you've made. I needed to go check if someone has been posting on my account, but, nope.

After 3 times the same childish 1 liner response i get it. You are just a troll. Won't bother responding to you any longer. Keep believing this game is a trading simulator, or in your words an economy sim.
Last edited by Miská on Apr 24, 2015, 2:37:18 PM
"
Miská wrote:
After 3 times the same childish 1 liner response i get it. You are just a troll. Won't bother responding to you any longer. Keep believing this game is a trading simulator, or in your words an economy sim.

I'm.... speechless.
Casually casual.

I havnt had a problem sustaining a 75+ map pool and I rarely bother to even make them yellow. Knowing which mods are most likely to get you the most drops is basically all you have to do. Converting lower level maps you dont want up as you can is quite helpful as well.

Someone made a point earlier which was mostly ignored but I feel is important. Its important to not start trying to run a higher tier of maps until you have enough of them to even out the rng. 5 maps is on the very low end of what I would call enough.

Ever since they buffed map drop rates I've found it easy to sustain high level maps without trading. Its nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Apr 25, 2015, 4:29:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info