RAN 7 PLATEAU MAPS TODAY

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

When you are generating a random number between 1 and 100 but 1 through 10 are desirable outcomes. IE when a drop rolls if it will be a map and what level etc. You are more likely to get the undesireble outcome. Maybe the proper word would be statistic. I don't care. Don't be a nitpicker. You knew damn well what I meant.

Yeah but that's not the case with map RNG. If OP really runs every map with 100% IIQ his desirable outcomes are more like 1 to 75. So good RNG is more likely, not bad RNG. Sustaining maps is super easy, here are some maths if you're interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/331tk4/did_some_statistical_analysis_of_map_drops_heres/

That data says the chances of getting a map of the same level you are in is 20%. 1 in 5. That is IF the monster you kill drops anything, and if what it drops is a map and not currency or gear. It also says that pack size and magic monsters is inconclusive and there are quite a few people saying the data as a whole is biased because of the way the guy rolled the maps. It seems like a big nobody really knows to me. But if i gave you 10 100 quantity 78 maps, and bet you 100 bucks you would end up with less than 3. Would you bet agaisnt me? And do you believe that the game is not purposely set up for you to come back with less than you used?
"
Xavderion wrote:

Lotteries have negative expected value. Map drops have positive expected value if you roll enough IIQ/good mods. That's the big difference here :)

at least up to 75-76. 77-78 seems harder to maintain ( but doable though )
IGN TylordRampage
"
yungwhiz wrote:

That data says the chances of getting a map of the same level you are in is 20%. 1 in 5. That is IF the monster you kill drops anything, and if what it drops is a map and not currency or gear. It also says that pack size and magic monsters is inconclusive and there are quite a few people saying the data as a whole is biased because of the way the guy rolled the maps. It seems like a big nobody really knows to me. But if i gave you 10 100 quantity 78 maps, and bet you 100 bucks you would end up with less than 3. Would you bet agaisnt me? And do you believe that the game is not purposely set up for you to come back with less than you used?

The data says if you roll your maps with 100% IIQ you will be able to easily sustain level 76 maps. This is without carto boxes. Not sure how much easier you want it to be. If you just want to chain level 78 maps forever GGG should get rid off the map system as a whole I guess :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Splift wrote:
Once you get a strong pool going and lvl 8 zana its easy to stay in 76 plus while spending barely any currency to roll.

I disagree, I gave up after 96 on my one char...just couldn't get enough high level maps, and I couldn't afford to buy any! After you buy so many and realize the return is so little, it kind of kills you're mood to invest in more maps even if you could!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Apr 24, 2015, 12:24:13 PM
iiq doesnt give a shit with mapdrop ;]
Last edited by unshavedkuba on Apr 24, 2015, 12:26:29 PM
map iiq does.
IGN TylordRampage
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Rolled each for packsize and at least 100% iiq .
Result in map drops 2 academy and 2 lvl 69 maps and 1 72 map
Result of 2 academy maps 0 map drops.
Why is the availabilety of end game maps so fucking random, i seriously dont get it .
Why is this a thing? fucking lvl 84 and i am basicly forced to run docks save up some currency and then buy maps again cuase those platea were bought whit a exalt i found .
I realy hope act 4 has some high lvl areas cause this is just pissing me of its so goddamn random.
If act 4 has high lvl areas i am never setting foot in a map again.

I think you left your capslock on btw.

On topic: Why do you buy Plateaus? You could have bought double/triple the maps if you would have bought bazaar/necro. Besides that, you did 7 maps. What did you expect?

I wish everyone would realize this game is just not ment to be played solo. And with solo i mean also self found. Your currency is not supposed to sit in your bank and stack up.

I bet you got something worth something in those plateaus. Hell you could even make due with just the white jewelry you would find in those maps. This game has endless possibilities. Explore and exploit those possibilities and you will realize maintaining a high map pool is a joke.
My mama always said RNG is as RNG does
I dont see any any key!
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

The data says if you roll your maps with 100% IIQ you will be able to easily sustain level 76 maps. This is without carto boxes. Not sure how much easier you want it to be. If you just want to chain level 78 maps forever GGG should get rid off the map system as a whole I guess :)

More nitpicking. Fine. If I gave you 10 76 maps. Would you bet against me? Think of the last 10 76's you did and be honest. And do you believe the game is not purposefully set up for you to end up with less maps than you started? Obviously ommiting 66-low 70's before you nitpick about that too.
"
yungwhiz wrote:

More nitpicking. Fine. If I gave you 10 76 maps. Would you bet against me? Think of the last 10 76's you did and be honest. And do you believe the game is not purposefully set up for you to end up with less maps than you started? Obviously ommiting 66-low 70's before you nitpick about that too.

That's not even a challenge. If you have 76's to begin with you have all the tools needed to maintain a map pool. Wether you do is up to you. Stop waiting for drops and take RNG in your own hands. There is alot of valuable stuff to be had in 75+ maps.
Last edited by Miská on Apr 24, 2015, 12:41:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info