RAN 7 PLATEAU MAPS TODAY

"
yungwhiz wrote:

There is no doing something wrong. I have gotten just as many maps, sometimes more, from alch and go as i have from packsize / high quantity. It is 100% RNG. Everyone who says it is easy has good RNG. OP and the many people who complain about mapping have bad RNG. The problem is bad RNG is much much more likely. It is just a speed bump to slow you down so when you finally get there you feel like you accomplished something. When in reality the only thing you accomplished was passing an extreme test of patience.

Uh apparently you don't know how RNG works (bad RNG is much more likely? Wut?)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
If it wasn't this way you couldn't lose. If you couldn't lose, you wouldn't value the act of winning.

Why does everyone get pissed off when they lose? Just start over. Try again. Try to do better next time.

I like a game that has the chance of failure. It would be boring otherwise.
Plateau is a horrible map to run. Very low mob density.
Well you can always get maps. They drop in normal game.

Higher level ones it's RNG but will net positive overtime I have tabs and tabs of 76-78 nowadays

But I understand the frustration when RNG is going bad in ladder and you have to go backwards or even buy maps just to progress.

I used to bitch about this all the time in Rampage then i just bought maps like I buy everrything else. Was happy after that.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 24, 2015, 11:39:13 AM
"
Plateau is a horrible map to run. Very low mob density.

yea pack size doesn't do much on that map, i got the best xp from necros thought the layout makes it slower.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

There is no doing something wrong. I have gotten just as many maps, sometimes more, from alch and go as i have from packsize / high quantity. It is 100% RNG. Everyone who says it is easy has good RNG. OP and the many people who complain about mapping have bad RNG. The problem is bad RNG is much much more likely. It is just a speed bump to slow you down so when you finally get there you feel like you accomplished something. When in reality the only thing you accomplished was passing an extreme test of patience.

Uh apparently you don't know how RNG works (bad RNG is much more likely? Wut?)

When you are generating a random number between 1 and 100 but 1 through 10 are desirable outcomes. IE when a drop rolls if it will be a map and what level etc. You are more likely to get the undesireble outcome. Maybe the proper word would be statistic. I don't care. Don't be a nitpicker. You knew damn well what I meant.
"
yungwhiz wrote:

When you are generating a random number between 1 and 100 but 1 through 10 are desirable outcomes. IE when a drop rolls if it will be a map and what level etc. You are more likely to get the undesireble outcome. Maybe the proper word would be statistic. I don't care. Don't be a nitpicker. You knew damn well what I meant.

Yeah but that's not the case with map RNG. If OP really runs every map with 100% IIQ his desirable outcomes are more like 1 to 75. So good RNG is more likely, not bad RNG. Sustaining maps is super easy, here are some maths if you're interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/331tk4/did_some_statistical_analysis_of_map_drops_heres/
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Just answering to the thread starter, haven't read the posts following the first.

I ran one Pier. 2 Collonades, 1 shore.
Ran a Bazaar recently. 1 Crematorium.

On the other hand, I also had dry streaks and nothing dropped.

In summa:
sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If it wasn't this way you couldn't lose. If you couldn't lose, you wouldn't value the act of winning.

Why does everyone get pissed off when they lose? Just start over. Try again. Try to do better next time.

If you watched someone play a gas station lottery scratcher. And they didn't win anything. Would you tell them to try and do better next time? That is basically everyone's answer to mapping complaints. Do better. There is no better. It is a lottery. You cannot practice to win the lottery. You cannot learn to win the lottery.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

If you watched someone play a gas station lottery scratcher. And they didn't win anything. Would you tell them to try and do better next time? That is basically everyone's answer to mapping complaints. Do better. There is no better. It is a lottery. You cannot practice to win the lottery. You cannot learn to win the lottery.

Lotteries have negative expected value. Map drops have positive expected value if you roll enough IIQ/good mods. That's the big difference here :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info