New Skin Transfer MTX

I don't know if this idea has been posted already, as I couldn't find a thread about it.

Anyway, I'd like to propose a new Skin Transfer MTX, that instead of the single-use ones we have now, would destroy the item itself, but put the skin in your MTX stash permanently, allowing players to use the skin in any league.

The reason I say this is because I -and many others- prefer to play the Temp. Leagues and race events only. Because the race rewards always end up in Standard or Hardcore if you remove them from the tab, whether to equip them or skin transfer them, players like myself won't ever see them again, aside from when I go to standard post-league to organize my stash tabs, which is part of the reason I have no motivation to do race events anymore.

Although GGG is free to set their own price, I'd say 50 points would be fair (10x the price of a single-use), which would put it at an average price range as far as MTXs go, and would have the downside of destroying your item, so you'd have to really consider whether to transfer that Shavs or not.
The current Skin Transfers will still be a valid option, since they'd be cheaper and allow you to recover your item when you want it back.

Let me know what you think about the idea.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
personally, i think that this sounds entirely reasonable.

one cool thing would be that you could use skins for gear not in that race/league.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
This will get implemented in time, just because of race rewards... So people can actually use and wear their skin in temp leagues, where most serious racers actually play.

Looking at how long we waited for portals in maps or other small qulaity of life items, then perhaps in the next 12-18 months.
I support this- to the point where I would shell out $$ for it.
Sounds awesome, especially for cool uniques which look awesome, and are expensive... but I'm not interested in stats (so I don't want to use it as is)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info