How many people out there are running POE on Linux under WINE?

I have it running pretty good under Linux Mint "Rebecca". Would be happy to help anyone configure WINE for this game, etc.
Hello,

i installed poe in linux with playonlinux(wine).
It runs well.

Here is the link to the tutorial i followed:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine

greetings
io
Me, obviously... I wrote the tutorial mentioned above. :) I'd guess there are a few hundred of us, maybe a couple thousand (which is a small piece of the PoE playerbase).

Happy to report the Awakening Beta runs fine on Linux as well.
I do. (Gentoo, Wine 1.7.41)
Glad to hear the beta runs, too, Sovyn.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I would absolutely love to, but my potato can barely handle running the game native. :/

(Athlon II X3, HD7870)

Out of curiosity, does AHK, the whisper-notifier, and procurement/aquisition run with wine?
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on May 10, 2015, 6:44:06 AM
Macbook Air runes WINE fine on OSX (can use Fakenir build without huge problems)

But loading times are fucked up, literally 6-7 minute loading times for the EbonyBarracks/Battlefront tileset, I just vendor and collonade/promenade maps i find.
Changed from Intel (GTX 260) to AMD (R270X) and now it sucks with Wine, not going to setup VGAPassthrougt nor multi-boot.
The devs won’t release a client running native.
There are lot of such people. I'm fairly sure there are many people that are running POE under wine on Windows too.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Why would they run PoE under Wine in Windows? That makes no sense.
Glad to hear that the beta is running fine on wine. I'll definitely give it a try when I find the time.
With the old version, the performance on my pc wasn't too good especially with micros on my char. Hopefully their cleanup due to the lockstep update makes some difference there.

"
Drakier wrote:
Why would they run PoE under Wine in Windows? That makes no sense.

maybe he meant Mac.
Last edited by oggimog on Jun 18, 2015, 6:29:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info