Patching Issues. Please help!

So I have a strange problem that I'm not sure how to deal with.

After spending an EON on "Checking Resources" the download finally starts and gets going at a nice speed... until it hits a certain file and then I get the following message:

"Error: Unrecognized or bad HTTP Content or Transfer-Encoding while downloading
http://patch135.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/1.3.1.20/Audio/Sound%20Effects/Ambient/1_1_11_2_The_Cavern_of_Anger.ogg"

The last 3 times it was on the same file the times before that were on a different file. not sure how to procede

I already tried running pack check and it found and repaired a metric ton of hash issues... but my problem still persists.
Sounds like something is corrupting the download... either directly on the hard drive itself, or through transfer on the network.

Have you attempted to patch the game while connected to a VPN? Perhaps you have some funky ISP caching going on?

I'd also recommend running the ggpk defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post if you've played poe for a while and never ran it.
I haven't played in ages. Just felt the desire to play again recently so I downloaded the game today :P Haven't played it yet so don't think the defrag would help.

I MIGHT have some funky ISP caching going on... I can't say for sure since I am staying in a dormitory at a university in South Korea. Not sure how to connect to a VPN to try to patch though. Can you walk me through that? XD
Look in the Consolidated Technical sticky post.

There is a thread linked there about setting up and using a free VPN service.

Keep in mind that you are on a managed network, which means it is entirely possible that PoE won't work at all without a VPN due to network restrictions that would need to be modified by the network administrator.
I tried the VPN... it went from bad to worse. normally i was managing about 300mb downloaded before crashing out and having to start again but with the vpn i only got 30mb before the crash. So it seems its not an issue on that end.

This problem really frustrates me because i've never had an issue like this before even when patching games that required 20GB+
Is it the same file every time, or does it alternate?

Edit: have you also disabled all antivirus/firewall/security software that could be interfering?
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 24, 2015, 3:33:37 PM
The last 8 times now it is the same file.
1_1_11_2_The_Cavern_of_Anger.ogg
i do have the same issue now..can't find a way to fix it.
i've been running the packcheck forever now...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info