Dealing with physreflect

I was wondering when dealing with physreflect (apart from Immortal Call, and skilling RT) is it better to go evasion or armor?

almost every melee uses multistrike so you have more smaller hits which kind of makes me lean toward small amounts of armour amd evasion is hard against your own accuracy but then again crit is weaker against evasion.
I guess block would be best but thats hard to cap now.

"
Nigirsu wrote:
I was wondering when dealing with physreflect (apart from Immortal Call, and skilling RT) is it better to go evasion or armor?

almost every melee uses multistrike so you have more smaller hits which kind of makes me lean toward small amounts of armour amd evasion is hard against your own accuracy but then again crit is weaker against evasion.
I guess block would be best but thats hard to cap now.

Search function ?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Ziiyo wrote:

Search function ?

well i wanted something a little more up to date so i searched past month and didnt find anything good but thanks for your input
Last edited by Nigirsu on Apr 24, 2015, 3:09:12 AM
I just like armor in general and dislike evasion so my advise would be bias....AA is a good resource against phys reflect...I have been using lightning strike and find that neither reflects is bad if you split your damage up..
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
my current physical marauder have 25k physical dps, if IC with cooldown changes goes live, i'll probably going for caster.
Delete on death.
Last edited by Whildus on Apr 24, 2015, 5:00:19 AM
imo use both
"
Nigirsu wrote:
evasion is hard against your own accuracy but then again crit is weaker against evasion.

Crit is weaker against Evasion, yes.
However, considering Reflect is the issue at hand, that hardly seems relevant. Reflect doesn't Crit. It just deals more Damage.

The strongest defense will always be a blend of the two.
It depends on how much damage you are doing. That means maths. (Back in the day my bow would crit for 10k physical per hit; that requires a ton of armour.)

For my vote, I recommend damage conversion. After damage conversion armour may be more effective than evasion; but either or both will work.

Hrimsorrow gloves, physical to lightning gem, passive keystone, etc.

EDIT: notice I said per hit and not DPS. Very important to differentiate because it is very possible to 1 shot kill yourself on reflect.
<3 Free Tibet <3
Last edited by Opinionated on Apr 24, 2015, 3:14:46 PM
Evasion + acro is what my lvl 91 TS ranger is using + good old cwdt. She basically never dies (softcore ;))

Now after patch...

Self cast? Or perhaps some sort of conversion to elemental damage. You have the phys to lightning gem for example
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Evasion or Vaal pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info