Corrupting Blood: Less Sneaky, Please

I hear you.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Just my 2cents
The answer is simple: PoE is not for you.

I think CB is perfect and the Corrupted Bloodline is way to easy to deal with (one charge per monster killed... lame)

As for ANOTHER clue that you're affected by CB - why not? I like the audible approach someone suggested. That was one really strong point of Diablo II. You could know what was going on just by listening. Every curse had a different sound effect, every aura etc.
There's so much going on in PoE that some things are easy to miss in some situations.

I haven't talked to a dev, but I think the intention behind CB was to punish people who attack fast (or, put positively, give an advantage to slow but hard hitters, which are for the most part at a disadvantage) + making players pay attention.
I play a witch with Lightning Tendrils, Spell Echo and some faster cast nodes. Hitting a CB rare nearly instantly stacks 20 CB charges on me. With a staunching flask (especially the new ones that grant immunity during flask effect) this is no problem at all.

Well the thing is, I enjoy PoE a lot except for these 2 mechanics so I'm not sure this game is not for me. I've always been a fan of ARPGs but I can't stand Diablo 3, I just hate Anti-RPG mechanics like CB and reflect; anti fast attack and anti high damage...these goes against character progression imho, there's plenty of other ways to die as a high damage-medium survivability build anyway, these mechanics are simply overkill. People just want to have fun but being forced to pay that kind of attention just make the game more serious with unnecessary attention, this feeling should be reserved for Hardcore.

And yeah CB is easy to deal with, I rarely die from it BUT sometimes I don't pay attention and I die. It does stack fast with Split Arrow. Sames goes for reflect but this one is worst; I have to be VERY conservative and never shoot offscreen but that's not really fun...

I'll accept any death made by an actually enemy but death caused by damage return is dumb and overkill, let people have fun and don't force them to focus 100% of the time unless they really want to (cough hardcore mode).

Anyway I'm done with leveling anyway, I'm at lvl 90 and I'll play the way I want but I'll stay 90 forever as a result, oh well.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Apr 25, 2015, 3:46:53 PM
Bleed has an audio cue; why not CB?

I like watching(glancing at) baseball while I play. Died twice on my level 91 ranger because I looked away after clearing an area. I know some of you don't find a problem since there are visual cues and your faces are pasted onto the screen, but I don't think an audio cue is asking for too much when the status ailment can kill you in the matter of a couple of seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info