Corrupting Blood: Less Sneaky, Please

"
Baron01 wrote:
My issue with corrupting blood is that it is tied to normal attack of a monster type. This means that majority of time you can easily deal with 3 or 4 stacks but in a rare situation even 2 can be mortal danger. These debuffs should be normalized and present equal danger no matter on what base monster they spawn.

This is an interesting point. I never actually really thought about how the debuff was different between different monsters, but if there really can be a notable difference, then it may be something to look into.

"
zorroaster wrote:
Like for me it would be helpful if buff and debuff icons were separated and could be moved where I find it the best.

This looks like an interesting suggestion. The icons tend to be hard to notice up there.
I think Corrupting Blood is fine. It's part of why I liked Nemesis league versus, say, Invasion or Bloodlines.

The reasoning is that Nemesis mods made you pay attention. You should be looking at your character, your life and be scanning for affixes like "Powerful Crits" as second nature. If you aren't, then I think your death is well-deserved.

Compared to P-Links and pre-nerf Ch'ska, which are totally bullshit, there's nothing wrong with CB.
Nemesis had dangerous mods without being a chore or being in "always skip" territory.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Apr 24, 2015, 6:08:06 PM
This is POE, corrupting blood can be a true menace which is intended. Learn the game. Build your character to adapt.

If you make a fast attacking build without physical mitigation or regeneration, that often "off screens" mobs for some reason: you're going to have a VERY difficult time unless you pay extreme attention to the visual and audible cues given by the game.
Never been a fan of CB and Reflect mechanics, part of the reason is because I hate paying attention to 100% of the time, that's not my thing most of the time. While I can deal with it most of the time, I don't enjoy playing PoE conservatively.

I play ARPGs in a mindless way while listening to music just like I did when I was playing Diablo2, it was fine in D2 because these mechanics werent there and I simply skipped Chaos Sanctuary when I wasn't in the mood to deal with reflect (Iron Maiden).

Paying attention to monster stats breaks the fun to me. Also I like playing PoE while being drunk or stoned but things like CB and Reflect kinda ruins that. These mechanics should be reserved to:

1) Temp leagues
2) Hardcore mode
3) As a map stat

But NOT as a random boss stat.

Just my 2cents.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Apr 24, 2015, 7:49:06 PM
"
Warrax wrote:
Never been a fan of CB and Reflect mechanics, part of the reason is because I hate paying attention to 100% of the time, that's not my thing most of the time. While I can deal with it most of the time, I don't enjoy playing PoE conservatively.

I play ARPGs in a mindless way while listening to music just like I did when I was playing Diablo2, it was fine in D2 because these mechanics werent there and I simply skipped Chaos Sanctuary when I wasn't in the mood to deal with reflect (Iron Maiden).

Paying attention to monster stats breaks the fun to me. Also I like playing PoE while being drunk or stoned but things like CB and Reflect kinda ruins that. These mechanics should be reserved to:

1) Temp leagues
2) Hardcore mode
3) As a map stat

But NOT as a random boss stat.

Just my 2cents.

The answer is simple: PoE is not for you. Move on to another game. I don't mean that in a "Learn to play, noob" way. You stated how you like to play. PoE is not meant to be played that way, so the only solution would be to adapt PoE (which you cannot do yourself) or find a different game (there are lots of those - I hear Diablo III now has very finely grained difficulty settings, so you could adapt that to your state of drunkeness/ stonedness)

I think CB is perfect and the Corrupted Bloodline is way to easy to deal with (one charge per monster killed... lame)

As for ANOTHER clue that you're affected by CB - why not? I like the audible approach someone suggested. That was one really strong point of Diablo II. You could know what was going on just by listening. Every curse had a different sound effect, every aura etc.
There's so much going on in PoE that some things are easy to miss in some situations.

I haven't talked to a dev, but I think the intention behind CB was to punish people who attack fast (or, put positively, give an advantage to slow but hard hitters, which are for the most part at a disadvantage) + making players pay attention.
I play a witch with Lightning Tendrils, Spell Echo and some faster cast nodes. Hitting a CB rare nearly instantly stacks 20 CB charges on me. With a staunching flask (especially the new ones that grant immunity during flask effect) this is no problem at all.

Edit:
Please don't make the character speak to the player. If memory serves, in DIII characters would say "Heal me!" if you didn't get the clue from the growing red frame on the screen. THIS is breaking immersion if ever I saw it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Apr 25, 2015, 3:20:22 AM
How about we replace one of the many visual cues with a more obvious audio cue? That way multiple senses of the player are alerted instead of just one!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Apr 25, 2015, 5:23:42 AM
"
How about we replace one of the many visual cues with a more obvious audio cue? That way multiple senses of the player are alerted instead of just one!

Sockets all having the same shape already impairs the colour blind. Now you also want hamper the deaf?
I've got nothing against additional audio, but the existing visuals should stay, too.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I've never had any problems with corrupting blood before. I mean, I died to it several times, but these deaths resulted from my carelessness. CB also got nerfed pretty heavily with the introduction of bleed-immunity flasks.
Although separating buffs and debuffs would be a really nice change, that would help alleviate this problem even more.

Reflect though, especially physical is a real PITA. It's really hard to notice it amidst all the chaos that is happening on my screen. More visible pls!

I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
"
Edmoose14 wrote:
"
Benalishhero wrote:
I more less always play with music on and not the game sound. It's a habit for me to read all rare tags before I engage.

It's a healthy habit......

Sure, but if you're using a chain spell or large AOE spell, or if there is a very large pack (think shrine), then it's very possible to hit CB mobs without ever having seen them. And yes there are visual cues, but obviously they're not hard to miss, given the number of deaths that happen to CB. Putting a sound effect on it would have saved my game last night, and would be both extremely simple to implement and consistent with the rest of the game. I don't really see how it's an objectionable suggestion...

That is all well and good. However, I see it as a balance to skills that hit off screen or kill indiscriminately...
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"

Sockets all having the same shape already impairs the colour blind. Now you also want hamper the deaf?
I've got nothing against additional audio, but the existing visuals should stay, too.
There are like 5 visual cues, replacing ONE of them with an audio cue wouldn't be the end of the world for deaf people I'm sure.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info