Corrupting Blood: Less Sneaky, Please

If you took a poll, I'd bet that more than 50% of the deaths in the 1Month league where to Corrupting Blood. Personally, I think I ripped 4 chars that way, even though each time I tried to learn from my mistake and be more careful. My last rip, I got "killed" by something that was never even on my screen and didn't even attack me directly. So I was running, looking at my mini-map, feeling in no danger at all, since there weren't any mobs on my screen! And then suddenly *SPLAT*. Not cool. I'm thinking there could be some sort of sound effect -- maybe a "ringing in ones ears" -- when one is infected. If you get hit, there's a noise. If you're burning there's a noise. If you're punctured or shocked, there are sound effects. So it seems reasonable enough to have a distinct sound for Corrupting Blood. It's not really much fun dying when you had the means and plenty of time to prevent but didn't even know you were hurt. Just MHO.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I agree. A loud and clear sound from corrupting blood and reflect, also, would be great.
I like many kinds of games 😊
"
Edmoose14 wrote:
If you took a poll, I'd bet that more than 50% of the deaths in the 1Month league where to Corrupting Blood. Personally, I think I ripped 4 chars that way, even though each time I tried to learn from my mistake and be more careful. My last rip, I got "killed" by something that was never even on my screen and didn't even attack me directly. So I was running, looking at my mini-map, feeling in no danger at all, since there weren't any mobs on my screen! And then suddenly *SPLAT*. Not cool. I'm thinking there could be some sort of sound effect -- maybe a "ringing in ones ears" -- when one is infected. If you get hit, there's a noise. If you're burning there's a noise. If you're punctured or shocked, there are sound effects. So it seems reasonable enough to have a distinct sound for Corrupting Blood. It's not really much fun dying when you had the means and plenty of time to prevent but didn't even know you were hurt. Just MHO.

Corrupting blood is pretty obvious to notice.. On the top left of your screen you have the bleed icon. Around you you have several huge red balls (tehehe) and your health is dropping.Also the mob has a description saying "CORRUPTING BLOOD". These are four things. You can never go "SPLAT" from corrupting blood.. You just notice one of these four things and you press the remove bleed potion.
What you ask in this thread is for GGG to put a sound for people that don't know how to survive basic game mechanics. There is absolutely no need for it.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
My fastest death was around 1 sec to corr blood (as soon as I ran out of mobs to leech from I went POOF), my buffs are constantly going up and down an extra one there is not even noticeable, sometimes my arc chains off screen and hits a corr blood where I don't see it, some people (like me) play with no sounds, and the graphical sign appear too late and barely noticeable if you run heralds or AA or you have any graphically intesive.

But mostly I just approach every rare with anti-bleed flask on. Don't trust no one.

I'd prefer if corr blood worked in a way like this: hit mobs gather charges, if you don't gain any charges in 3 sec all the charges go off on you like a bomb. This could even work as a new type of danger tbh. added besides CB.
I hate this and also that chaos degen cloud after killing some kind of zombies.
1. they can kill you very fast, sometimes 1 s and you re dead
2. usually its not easy to realize you re gonna die cause effect is a bit too subtle (on some terrain types I hardly see the chaos cloud)
3. there is icon on the upper left corner, but if you have 4+ icons active its very easy to miss
4. I dont check health globe every sec
5. no sound effect on degen and I am using puncture so if I hear bleeding its mostly enemy bleeding :(
Last edited by zorroaster on Apr 24, 2015, 5:24:01 AM
It's really hard to imagine anything that could help at this point. I mean, if you can't get the visual or auditive information for some reason, then no matter what they do, you'll still miss it.

I don't really know if there's a sound being applied during corrupted blood debuff, but, aside from a visual clue on the monster with the affix, there isn't anything they can add that wouldn't break immersion that would help you. And even with this additional visual clue, there would still be a lot of deaths due to gattling it from offscreen.

PS : I would love to see a little rework on the poisonous gaz released by zombies. It indeed is sometimes hard to see. Maybe have it be different colours depending on the tileset of the location where it appears? I mean, even flashy colours would make sense with it.
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
... You can never go "SPLAT" from corrupting blood...

I dare to disagree! You can very easily go "splat" using certain skills. My Static Strike scion with nearly 9 APS can easily get stack of 20 corrupted bloods in a blink of an eye if I leap slam on edge of my screen right into pack of corrupted magic pack. However, this is not an issues on itself because proper flasks will easily solve this in majority of cases.

My issue with corrupting blood is that it is tied to normal attack of a monster type. This means that majority of time you can easily deal with 3 or 4 stacks but in a rare situation even 2 can be mortal danger. These debuffs should be normalized and present equal danger no matter on what base monster they spawn.
"
It's really hard to imagine anything that could help at this point. I mean, if you can't get the visual or auditive information for some reason, then no matter what they do, you'll still miss it.

I don't really know if there's a sound being applied during corrupted blood debuff, but, aside from a visual clue on the monster with the affix, there isn't anything they can add that wouldn't break immersion that would help you. And even with this additional visual clue, there would still be a lot of deaths due to gattling it from offscreen.

PS : I would love to see a little rework on the poisonous gaz released by zombies. It indeed is sometimes hard to see. Maybe have it be different colours depending on the tileset of the location where it appears? I mean, even flashy colours would make sense with it.

Immersion is already broken for me when I have to read orange and purple texts trying to figure out how I would die if I want to kill the mobs:P OK I admit its partly a L2P issue and maybe I am just too new to appreciate these things that are aimed to keep the veterans interested in playing. I still think there are some things that could improve playing experience: Like for me it would be helpful if buff and debuff icons were separated and could be moved where I find it the best. Also character could open his/her mouth when something is killing him/her not just die like a f*kin martyr.
Last edited by zorroaster on Apr 24, 2015, 6:31:48 AM
I more less always play with music on and not the game sound. It's a habit for me to read all rare tags before I engage.

It's a healthy habit......
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
"
Benalishhero wrote:
I more less always play with music on and not the game sound. It's a habit for me to read all rare tags before I engage.

It's a healthy habit......

Sure, but if you're using a chain spell or large AOE spell, or if there is a very large pack (think shrine), then it's very possible to hit CB mobs without ever having seen them. And yes there are visual cues, but obviously they're not hard to miss, given the number of deaths that happen to CB. Putting a sound effect on it would have saved my game last night, and would be both extremely simple to implement and consistent with the rest of the game. I don't really see how it's an objectionable suggestion...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info