Just saw the Suckwave Totems build...

"
Jaxom wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
For a proper alternate meaning, you'd have to call them BLoW Totems, but that makes even less sense (I mean, we have no claim to the build, so...)
Edit: I agree @sid: the term "suckwave" has been thoroughly embedded in my mind, and I perceive no negative connotation from it. Actually, I find it rather witty as the totems did suck for the longest while. Now it's sort of entendre, like "Primus sucks!" but also describing its mechanical behavior.

Since potential for rebalance has been mentioned, and one suggestion was reducing them to a chance to. . . I really want to implore you against this. Personal opinion, but I'd rather have a semi-broken totem build than have an interaction between chance to knock "forward" on top of chance to knock back, whereby mobs just kind of shuffle back and forth. That'd be... weird.. in not a very good way.

Or Blowtems.....sending in my trademark now....
We already have Infernal Blow. Damn, we even have Dominating Blow. Why there are no builds called "Succubus", I wonder?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I don't know why, but i think these gloves will become one of the most expensive items in game. Love it. I hope the drop rate is insanely LOW or even make them a specific drop to the last boss, somethin REALLY hard to get.
P.S. Just an ideea, we need more items LIKE THIS that are 100% NECESARY for specific builds (the build would still be viable, but these specific items would boost the build to it's core).
Last edited by since5685 on Apr 24, 2015, 12:33:19 PM
Wonder if this works with the detonate dead 2h mace quellochi or w/e it's called.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
We definitely need a better name for this build, because it looks fun and I don't want to tell people "I'm running dual suckwave totems".

Don't take this to mean anything about the balance of the build though.

We knew this would be an effective use of the gloves, and we talked about it's power level earlier today, but I don't think we've made any concrete decisions on if/how it needs to change.

I dunno, I find "Suckwave" to be both really apt and really funny. I like it.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Vacuum Totems :P
Current IGNs: FlameTotememer / Wandz
Havoc feel down in my esteem

I ask him what are the chances of Empire's Grasp to get nerf or balanced

he answered " they are perfectly fine, they are OP but rare, so it cancels out"

I wouldnt say OP i would say gamebreaking

this is how it should be

so the bonus of getting pulls can also become the drawback of having those pull directed at you.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 24, 2015, 1:23:17 PM
^this doesn't even change there interaction.

The totems are already self-casted, so the ability would still apply.

If you change the "source of the ability" then the shockwave totem becomes the source that cast's and again, it works like it does now.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^this doesn't even change there interaction.

The totems are already self-casted, so the ability would still apply.

If you change the "source of the ability" then the shockwave totem becomes the source that cast's and again, it works like it does now.

Peace,

-Boem-
Its just wording to mean that the player has to cast it Himself to get the reverse effect

they can code it as they want

stop being a douche and try to find problem everywhere

Oh and now that i think about it

A couple patches ago, Shockwave totem had that kind of coding

Dmg multiplier such a Spell damage couldnt apply to it because the totem was casting a spell not you
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 24, 2015, 1:36:35 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Mainly it just implies the totems aren't very good.

Rather it implies the "wave" isn't very good.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dmg multiplier such a Spell damage couldnt apply to it because the totem was casting a spell not you

That wasn't really the case, but we get your point. It just need to be worded the same way as ancestral bond, it's established terminology - 'skills you use yourself have their knockback direction reversed'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info