Just saw the Suckwave Totems build...

"
lolozori wrote:
Frankly I think this item should be used with a melee weapon only or reduce AOE effect of skills used with it.

This will be abused too much on bosses and HC temp league if it stay like this.
Pvp interaction also need to be looked at.

Don't worry too much about this interaction. Some monsters (e.g. Vaal Oversoul and Devourers) cannot be knocked back (and thus you also can't knock them in reverse direction), knockback doesn't work against monsters that are currently performing a Leap Slam, and you have to place the totems before you get charged to death.
So basically many of the currently most dangerous mobs are still dangerous.
At least you will no longer get cursed by your party members when playing SWT. :)

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
We definitely need a better name for this build, because it looks fun and I don't want to tell people "I'm running dual suckwave totems".
[...]

We need to be quick with this, otherwise that name will stick. I fear it will be hard for find a name that'll be accepted quicker, since "Suckwave Totems" is an easy to remember variation of the skill's name.

Maybe "Graspwave Totem", to include the build defining gloves in the name?
Or "Undertowtems", making it only one word?

Maybe we have more creative people in these forums... :D
Singularity totem is unfortunately too cumbersome to use (and a bit pretentious), and a (Removed By Support)

I think Suckwave will stick, these things tend to do that. (Removed By Support)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by Rob_GGG on Apr 24, 2015, 5:34:35 AM
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
We definitely need a better name for this build, because it looks fun and I don't want to tell people "I'm running dual suckwave totems".
[...]

We need to be quick with this, otherwise that name will stick. I fear it will be hard for find a name that'll be accepted quicker, since "Suckwave Totems" is an easy to remember variation of the skill's name.

I kind of like Undertowtems, it's just not nearly as good to type as it is to say.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Void Totems :P (get sucked into the void)
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
So,

Shockwave Totems
aaand reverse it, et voilà:
smetoT evawkcohS

Intuitive and easy to say/write. :P
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
[...]

I kind of like Undertowtems, it's just not nearly as good to type as it is to say.

Riptide Totems
Hungry Hungry Totems
Hoover Witch
Gripomancer
Knocksucker
Rock-N-Lock

judging by the video where Brutus bounced back and forth between the two totems, I'd go for:

Pinball Wizardess or Pinballer.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
What's wrong with a straightforward use of the word "suck" suddenly? Are young adults in the 21st century really that prudish?

Last edited by Zed_ on Apr 24, 2015, 7:25:37 AM
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
knockback doesn't work against monsters that are currently performing a Leap Slam

Is this something recent? I played ball lightning with knock back a few leagues ago and I definitely remember knocking back goats in midair.
Not super recent, I think after Rampage/Beyond? It was in the patch notes.

€dit: Had some time to search, it was in Patch 1.2.4:
"
Knockback no longer affects targets which are Leap Slamming. It resulted in cases where they could get trapped inside objects if knocked back while leaping over them.
Last edited by Lord_of_Error on Apr 24, 2015, 11:55:15 AM
"
Zed_ wrote:
What's wrong with a straightforward use of the word "suck" suddenly? Are young adults in the 21st century really that prudish?

Apparently.

Edit: And it's not like it's everyone's opinion that it's a "*giggety* dirty word", either.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Apr 24, 2015, 8:20:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info