Just saw the Suckwave Totems build...

...and I know exactly what my totem build will be when 2.0.0 hits. Please, please, please leave this hilarious interaction in the game.

(for reference, it's Shockwave Totem plus the reverse knockback gloves.)
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I haven't seen that one yet, does it suck?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It's this.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Sorry, it was just a bad pun :)

I don't think you have anything to fear, SWT is all too obvious for the item, it's not some obscure interaction they needed the community to discoveer.

Last edited by raics on Apr 23, 2015, 7:29:58 PM
"
raics wrote:
Sorry, it was just a bad pun :)

I don't think you have anything to fear, SWT is all too obvious for the item, it's not some obscure interaction they needed the community to discoveer.

^this, if this item gets a nerf because of this we can all seriously start doubting GGG.

I do foresee some other stuff though with this staff. I was honestly surprised they put this in the game.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Loreweaver wrote:
It's this.

Wow thats so OP.
I've been playing around with the damn thing since they nerfed the floor out of it in CB and it was pretty fun watching it receive buff after buff and evolve into a decent skill. Using it in 1m mixed league has been a pretty comfortable experience despite some inherent annoyances, especially considering its previous sorry state. I'd give it an overall score of 7,5/10, graded for clear speed, ease of building, ease of gearing, ease of use, safety factor and fun.

These gloves could probably push Shockwave into higher tier because, frankly, it was all it needed, a bit more usability to truly shine. I doubt that Flame Totem will be any competition for the title of hottest totem around and it could give many other skills a hard time.

SWT won't be a gamebreaker, but as Boem noted, there are other potential culprits. Still, it would be pointless for the gloves to lose the special property, at worst it might get adjusted a bit, most likely by giving them a chance to reverse knockback direction, but that shouldn't harm SWT much, it casts fast and there are two of them around.

Seriously, if you think this is fun you should have seen the famous three-step combo Clustering Maelstrom - Raving Thrust - Levin Array in sacred 2 :)

Last edited by raics on Apr 23, 2015, 7:37:04 PM
We definitely need a better name for this build, because it looks fun and I don't want to tell people "I'm running dual suckwave totems".

Don't take this to mean anything about the balance of the build though.

We knew this would be an effective use of the gloves, and we talked about it's power level earlier today, but I don't think we've made any concrete decisions on if/how it needs to change.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Apr 24, 2015, 4:28:04 AM
Frankly I think this item should be used with a melee weapon only or reduce AOE effect of skills used with it.

This will be abused too much on bosses and HC temp league if it stay like this.
Pvp interaction also need to be looked at.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 24, 2015, 5:08:29 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
Frankly I think this item should be used with a melee weapon only or reduce AOE effect of skills used with it.

This will be abused too much on bosses and HC temp league if it stay like this.

+10

it might be interesting with sweep or spectral throw + point blank, but the SWT + gloves is clearly clearly above the power curve

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info