Apple Watch

I was given a gift card for the low end watch for Christmas. Ive never been an early adopter for tech but it is on its way. Estimated arrival is June; not terrible for a hot item.

I'd like to know your opinions about the future of the device but seeing the forums lately I assume people will hate the idea of it due to apple being a popular brand people enjoy.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 23, 2015, 1:24:02 PM
It's Apple's business model that I can't stand. So I don't buy their products. Except for the music player. I was given an old one and my car came equipped with a jack made special for it.
I dont see how their business model differs from anyone elses. I hate buying products every few years myself but i cant really think of anything in tech where this doesnt happen.
They bundle stuff that you can't remove even if you don't use it. They change their unique cables every so often to force you to buy from them.

Charge for customer service when their product sucks. (This really pisses me off.)

But they are not alone by any means. They are just one of the easier ones to identify due to their success.
I hear you, all of that is accurate. They do make great products though and they support developers to great effect.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 23, 2015, 2:26:27 PM
Isn't the apple watch just an extension screen for an Iphone? Excuse me apple products are proper nouns. Isn't Apple watch just an extension for Iphone.
as far as I know yes. from what i gather you must be within bluetooth proximity of your phone. i wasnt excited about until a lot of the productivity apps i use, like evernote, started releasing updates for the phone. and Sky Guide which I feel is one of the most badass apps on the market and the watch could really make it sing.

as with any device, it is only as good as 3rd party developers make it.

the reason microsoft failed so hard in the phone world is no one wanted to make anything fun or cool with it.

anyfroot, hopefully I can give an honest review to you guys. if it sucks I'll tell you about it if you care. I needed a watch so i picked this one up. expensive test but like i said - christmas present :)
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 23, 2015, 3:09:29 PM
So what? Dick Tracy had 'em 80 years ago. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
what's an apple watch, is it like a lookout for people who decide to bust tons of $$$ on overpriced electronics?
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
what's an apple watch, is it like a lookout for people who decide to bust tons of $$$ on overpriced electronics?

Pretty much. It is a high priced watch that makes poor people uncomfortable and generally leave the area. A repellent for dirty, undesirable filthy creatures you'd rather not smell much less be around.

I'd show it to you but...you know...you already left.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info