Question about Elemental (Aura) builds in the CB.

Being a long time ele-player. From Elemental Buzzsaw, Windripper Tornado shot, split arrow, Kinetic Blast, and all of the likes. I've been thinking.. How is Ele builds in the CB? Is anyone even running it right now? I know there isn't that many people even in the CB, so not sure if anyone has tested them out. There is a few changes that are buffs and nerfs. So I'm not sure where they stand exactly.

Anyone got any insight?
IGN @ Lowken
Hardcore Player
Played since December 31, 2012 and long time supporter of everything GGG.
I'm not in CB, but Anger and Wrath work with spells now, so I'd imagine a lot more people using them.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
I'm not in CB, but Anger and Wrath work with spells now, so I'd imagine a lot more people using them.

Sure, more players will consider Anger and Wrath, but the op seems more concerned about attack builds that stack auras. With Inner Force/Devotion gone as we know it, a decent amount of aura-y goodness goes down the drain. GGG is trying to reign in damage, which is good, but I'm worried about how much defense is lost in the process.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Being a long time ele-player. From Elemental Buzzsaw, Windripper Tornado shot, split arrow, Kinetic Blast, and all of the likes. I've been thinking.. How is Ele builds in the CB? Is anyone even running it right now? I know there isn't that many people even in the CB, so not sure if anyone has tested them out. There is a few changes that are buffs and nerfs. So I'm not sure where they stand exactly.

Anyone got any insight?

Not in the beta, but at first glance it seems you're worried about the removal of "Buff Effectiveness", but don't worry about it, so far we've already been spoiled that Anger/Wrath both provides the user and whoever affected by said Aura will gain +%Dmg to said element, even for Spells now! GET HYPED!

I don't think GGG will bury the famous Elemental attacker, and with the Herald Skills you should be fine. On the plus side, it seems like we'll finally get more diversity in Skills, instead of having max two attacks and just brainlessly walk through content whilst holding down one button.

The only problem I'd see people running into, will be the EB change.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Apr 23, 2015, 6:59:33 AM
"
Derpey wrote:

Anger/Wrath both provides the user and whoever affected by said Aura will gain +%Dmg to said element, even for Spells now!

er... afaik, the New Anger only grants flat fire damage to spells (as well as to attacks ofc). the New Wrath does give +% more, but only to spells. Wrath still gives flat lightning to attacks.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Apr 23, 2015, 7:21:56 AM
"
enveratise wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:

Anger/Wrath both provides the user and whoever affected by said Aura will gain +%Dmg to said element, even for Spells now!

er... afaik, the New Anger only grants flat fire damage to spells (as well as to attacks ofc). the New Wrath does give +% more, but only to spells. Wrath still gives flat lightning to attacks.

Fair enough.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
So, Looked at reddit and saw someone posted a Wrath gem picture. Seems the damage of it has been buffed by a pretty big amount. Still a little worried about the survivability. Especially after the Ondar's nerf. Being that was the biggest way to survivability.

If anyone's interested in the picture. It's here http://imgur.com/z0U1tbL 30+ dmg topend increase. I heard that Anger was also buffed too.
IGN @ Lowken
Hardcore Player
Played since December 31, 2012 and long time supporter of everything GGG.
it's still in the works, here some preliminary eldrich battery testing with max auras from invalesco.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info