Cold Claw + Shield tank - need help with build

Hi,

Id like to create shadow, with claw (physical) + shield, and make it tank (life gain on hit, or LL). id like to have some freezing attack, or cold attack.

I went trough the skills, but didnt find what to use, and how to create that build.

Can you give me advice , which skills would fit that idea ?

EDIT:

thinking also about vengeance + riposte. Would it work ? (one for block, one for getting hit..)

1) is there even, melee cold attack skill ?
2) is it better to go elemental or physical with this ?
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
Last edited by Armorpiercer on Apr 23, 2015, 6:36:13 AM
In my opinion it would be quite difficult to make a cold melee attack work with claws. Generally claws are all about getting those really fast hits in, which works really well for lightning damage to shock your enemy, but cold damage is more about slow really solid hits so you get really long freezes and chills on your enemy. If you're dead set on claws, I would consider using reave. If you want to go for a real cold melee skill that can permanently freeze enemies, definitely look into glacial hammer builds.
for both options scaling the physical damage is better, but also requires a better weapon so it becomes more expensive as well. If you're doing a physical build, life leech will almost always be better than life gain on hit.

As for vengeance and riposte both are great in any melee build. Definitely use both if you have the spare gem sockets in your gear.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
"
Armorpiercer wrote:

thinking also about vengeance + riposte. Would it work ? (one for block, one for getting hit..)

Yes. Also Reckoning would work.

This is a Claw+Shield char I made previously the passive attacks were introduced, though it's a Templar and not a Shadow, but maybe it helps a bit. His main attack is Shield Charge for infinite Endurance Charges, because also when the stun lasts only 0,01 sec the charge will be granted and SC seems to increase attack speed too:

thank you guys.

i personaly think, its also harder, because no real melee cold skills are present currently ingame. (all i see is light and primarily fire.)

nevermind.

As for GH, im trying it already on my mara 2H staff/mace, so avoiding another GH.

Ill try my best. I want claws only, i want shield, this is my plan. k, will try physical, and both riposte and vengenance included.
Will see, what i can get from it.
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
I guess you want cold damage not primarily because of cold but of the freeze effect? In this case you could try a Lightning Strike + Static Strike build with The Three Dragons unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info