Looking for sugestion to my Freeze build HC

i've been trying to create a Freeze build for HC, meaning freezing everything before they hurt you, " the best defence is the best offence " sort of build. But i'm new at making builds, so i wanted to ask if there's anything better i could do with the build.

the only unique i know i'll be using so far is Taryn's Shiver, for the extra freeze chance and cast speed, and since i will freeze everything the extra 20% damage against frozen enemies will help alot too

the main spell will be ice Spear + GMP(not LMP since i want to hit as many enemies as possible to defend myself) + Ele prolif put into Taryn's Shiver (these are the 3 main gems i will be running with on my ice spear, but i have other gems i might add to it such as : power charge on crit, spell echo, cold penetration, Increased Critical Strikes)

the auras i've been thinking is: Herald of ice + Clarity + Purity of ice( with reduced mana attached)
i'm not sure if i should add Arctic Armor because of the mana usage.

Lightning warp to have some moveability

defensive gems would be : CWDT + Enfeeble + Enduring cry + Immortal call

I liked the idea with Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's mark + reduced mana

also thanks in the comments, the idea of spell totem + frost wall + faster casting

this is the passive tree i've got so far :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvSeTOghn2mKMWGh0-ehBhyj6gsdTUkWdmuDr7iycES18g836uJOvmxBYMjSVBAQHXyrr5IPbVcY6WKyYTC0RD1PUjYLR5J8BF1QigZ6hVkqOPBSwgh7bC-wYwcWIQi9v2RNwu4_68h1knev1uZPDCUlR8NWVLgceEZYOSF3ycFKJ03DVAv7fhELDjDbLvQdjYeJVSyaVFr8fQQMeNj3jhGyMnapirLTFwuxS7CpbQzZ59lAwTLOus0GW0PUFQpf0UlOXlW0ZakPAVAj0vOpjQ_KXm12omlpSSsjk6zeBtz7Yvf4KOuHyRf6PNZJN4w==

i read the feedback in the comments and changes the build to contain life instead of CI and also the idea of Power Charge on crit.

and then some evasion rating for the defense.

thanks beforehand for the help
Last edited by Zokat_ on Apr 25, 2015, 9:05:56 AM
I'm not sure about it, but your path to CI seems to need quite many levels, so I'd suggest to test this build first on Standard to see whether you can survive easily without any +life nodes and CI reaching that late. Or plan a leveling build with a few +life nodes you respec later.

For additional defense I recommend a spell totem + frost wall + faster casting setup. This will help you a lot as a ranged caster.
I have a hardcore viable perma-freeze ice spear build up over on the witch forums.
you can find it
you might find it helpful. I will be updating it for patch 1.4.0 as soon as I get beta access.

Besides that, I would strongly recommend going a life based build rather than chaos innoculation. Life is so much easier to get gear for, and being able to use seething life flasks (instant recovery) is going to save your life a lot more often than having chaos immunity. Chaos damage isn't really that scary if you know what to look out for and pay close attention to your life globe.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info