Can We Come Up With a Better Name than 'Jewels'?

Jewel is not that bad but may be confusing.
Immabarb "Seed" sounds well. What about "Core", one of the BearCares suggestions?

"
Natharias wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:
I agree is confusing. If you look in the Item Data page: http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data you see that the Jewellery section is to describe Amulets, Rings and Belts, but I'm pretty sure those skill "Jewels" don't go there, even though their category name suggest they should, by common sense.

No, jewels are used in jewelry but jewelry does not mean jewels. Jewelry means any ring, amulet, bracelet, brooch, and other decorative and expensive items usually made of precious materials.

Jewel is a perfectly fine term. It's only confusing if English isn't your first language, and those people should know English is a botch of a language.

Ok, thank you for your clarification. You are very kind.

I still think the term "jewel" for this category of items is confusing.
Last edited by Samkiud on Apr 24, 2015, 7:49:09 PM
Gentleman, and gentle ladies. It's not about my specific words I came up with on a whim. It's about the fact the any word you might choose is going to sound odd at first. Think about this:

Pokémon, for example is just "pocket monster" slammed together. But it sounds really odd until your brain makes the association with "cool, colorful, and fun"

So I'm just saying to GGG that they have limitless possibilities to name these jewels just about anything they want while also making the distinction between gems, jewelry and jewels more prominent, especially for new players.

Though I do have another name:

'petra'
Last edited by BearCares on Apr 25, 2015, 11:05:09 AM
Drop the Denial, and just start calling them Charms.
"
Drop the Denial, and just start calling them Charms.

Why? Are they lucky, and do leprechauns drop them in our cereal?
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
May i suggest:

Ligos / Ligons

reference:
Spoiler
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ligo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info