The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

"
Ordack wrote:
Joke of the day. WP

it's really a joke that some players obviously don't get the fact that running a game produces lots of bills and that reminding the player base on that bills and saying "thank you" to those who actually payed for what they got has nothing to do with "pay to play".

Spoiler
spoke with the owner of said restaurant, he told me that guests looking like they couldn't pay for that "free to eat" regularily overpay while obviously posh guests often payed less.

-----

in the end, v2.0 is not (yet) the official game.

the official game is still free, there are new weekly races out there were people can play the game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 24, 2015, 3:52:12 AM
"
Dampf wrote:
well boys and girls, still here ?
heres a little story coming to my mind,
hearing all that crying and complaining about that supporter advantage 8 )

when my grandma got older and older she needed more and more help with everything.
it would not have been a big deal if everyone in the family just did a little,
but my cousins and my brothers and sisters had more important things to do ...

somehow they forgot what our grandma did for all of us.
for those of you that didnt know my grandma,
she really was the best guy in the world, using her whole life just for the family.
it really felt like she was there 24 h a day, whenever anyone needed help ,
she didnt hesitate, didnt think a second what she wants for herself.
she cooked, cleaned, washed, sang, learned, played, repaired ...
literally did everything she could for us !

now she couldnt anymore, she never asked for anything,
but it was obvious that now she needed our help.
i didnt even think about if i could or should or want to do that.
i felt blessed to have the chance to give her back a little love,
it was a pleasure to be there for her now.

whenever i found the time i went to see her,
helping with little things in the beginning, going shopping, cooking, cleaning for her,
or just sit there with her listening to one of her lovely stories.
it made us both very happy !

at the end she died when she was 87,
i never cried like that, was she the most important and loveable person in my life so far.
but i was happy aswell, i took the chance to give her some of the love back she gave to us.
that alone made me feel fine, not the house or the money she left me with in her last will.
i never knew there was money at all, i did what i did just to please her and myself !

as you can imagine there was a huge crying and complaining coming from my cousins,
brothers & sisters, saying i manipulatet her and did that all for the money .
they had been selfish enough to not even visit her once a month,
her last days passed, their chance was gone, what a shame !

if she had told them to come because otherwise they wouldnt get anything,
sure they would have !
would that have felt good for grandma ?
somehow paying her own family for giving her some love ?

okay, now i have an advantage. is that unfair ? p2w ?

"
Dampf wrote:
well boys and girls, still here ?
heres a little story coming to my mind,
hearing all that crying and complaining about that supporter advantage 8 )

when my grandma got older and older she needed more and more help with everything.
it would not have been a big deal if everyone in the family just did a little,
but my cousins and my brothers and sisters had more important things to do ...

somehow they forgot what our grandma did for all of us.
for those of you that didnt know my grandma,
she really was the best guy in the world, using her whole life just for the family.
it really felt like she was there 24 h a day, whenever anyone needed help ,
she didnt hesitate, didnt think a second what she wants for herself.
she cooked, cleaned, washed, sang, learned, played, repaired ...
literally did everything she could for us !

now she couldnt anymore, she never asked for anything,
but it was obvious that now she needed our help.
i didnt even think about if i could or should or want to do that.
i felt blessed to have the chance to give her back a little love,
it was a pleasure to be there for her now.

whenever i found the time i went to see her,
helping with little things in the beginning, going shopping, cooking, cleaning for her,
or just sit there with her listening to one of her lovely stories.
it made us both very happy !

at the end she died when she was 87,
i never cried like that, was she the most important and loveable person in my life so far.
but i was happy aswell, i took the chance to give her some of the love back she gave to us.
that alone made me feel fine, not the house or the money she left me with in her last will.
i never knew there was money at all, i did what i did just to please her and myself !

as you can imagine there was a huge crying and complaining coming from my cousins,
brothers & sisters, saying i manipulatet her and did that all for the money .
they had been selfish enough to not even visit her once a month,
her last days passed, their chance was gone, what a shame !

if she had told them to come because otherwise they wouldnt get anything,
sure they would have !
would that have felt good for grandma ?
somehow paying her own family for giving her some love ?

okay, now i have an advantage. is that unfair ? p2w ?

Very nice morning read , big respect to you , thats karma u got house and cash now ur family gets middle thinger :D if its true story ofc its internet :"D
Closed beta is only for helping GGG, you can start helping with stoping to cry for nothing...

You win nothing for participating in a CB you just loose time on soon wiped characters in order to later have a better game to play.
... nothing
Can't wait for my key :D :D :D :D :D
GuardianOfValhalla
Well , i guess i will have to wait for open beta :D
"
hardcore91 wrote:

believe me when i say that your experience and impression of the new content will be much better if you wait for official release or join pretty late in the testing phase.

sure you could have a sneak preview on how things work in v2.0 but nearly everything (maybe except the new level layout) is subject to change. and there is no advantage of knowing the new area arrangement as you just have to run it once to learn everything about it.

if you do it right, testing unfinished content is like running towards a cliff, grabbing things on the go. closed beta is no different from that.

players will argue that the nearer the end of testing comes, the more finished the game is and closed beta players will profit from that, but first: at the end there will be a massive amount of players in there for testing the servers under high load and second: ggg is always up for surprises in the last minute (chaos damage/resistance anyone?).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
hardcore91 wrote:

believe me when i say that your experience and impression of the new content will be much better if you wait for official release or join pretty late in the testing phase.

sure you could have a sneak preview on how things work in v2.0 but nearly everything (maybe except the new level layout) is subject to change. and there is no advantage of knowing the new area arrangement as you just have to run it once to learn everything about it.

if you do it right, testing unfinished content is like running towards a cliff, grabbing things on the go. closed beta is no different from that.

players will argue that the nearer the end of testing comes, the more finished the game is and closed beta players will profit from that, but first: at the end there will be a massive amount of players in there for testing the servers under high load and second: ggg is always up for surprises in the last minute (chaos damage/resistance anyone?).

Yes ,i agree with you. Im just very impatient. At least there will be some guides before the official release :)
"
mirificel wrote:
Tomorrow's news post is about a solo (trading disabled) five-day event that we'll be running starting on the weekend.

Where is our new riot!!!!

Let me guess: people complaining that GGG only cares about no-lifers with this event. ;)
Although running a game continously for 5 days may sound unhealthy, at least these people should have plenty of time to fully test Act 4. :D
nice :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info