Summoners in the CB:

I don't get why so many people complains on lack of gem slots. How many auras, cwdt or spell totem setups would you like to run on your summoner to be happy?
We can easily slot all mandatory gems for this build, including bunch of auras, dual curse, offering, desecrate and convocation.
Last edited by kamilrogoz on Apr 22, 2015, 4:20:42 PM
There is something really wrong with people thinking that a summoner can do 100k dps.

Did you calculate the time that your summons need to reach the target? Did you calculate that sometimes those minions aren't targeting the same mob? Did you notice that some of those minions are dead and can no longer inflict dps? Plus the time you need to cast Desecrate, Arc (for EE), Flesh offering, your curses and convocation so they don't die and you don't have to re-summon them when you can.
Besides you didn't take into account that minions can easily die and dead minions do no dps.

Saying a summoner is 100k dps doesn't make any sense. You can only estimate the dps which is far less accurate than for CoC builds for example who are not inflicting damage only when they stop attacking (and they rarely choose to do so).

Dps is not a priority for summoners, if I need dps I can make a CoC or Disch. build.

All we ask is fix for broken down scaling, erratic, pain in the ass to get spectres. And we don't need another gem or a rich-guy-only new unique. Is that too much to ask?

"
One thing to say about current summoners is they are cheep. For months one of the most posted on witch builds was 100k dps summoner under 1 exalt.

You combine this with the ability to run any map mod and that is a scary build to balance.

I predict GGG will just add another summoner unique and hope the complaints go away. This has been the approach in the past.
Last edited by Vaphobos on Apr 22, 2015, 4:29:50 PM
Body full of Spectres, hat full of zombies, gloves stacking auras (Purities for Max Res), boots are packed with Offerings+Desecrate, wand fits more Auras (Hatred/Haste/Vit, depending), shield has Curses. I can only slot Convocation if I want to reduce the effectiveness of either my Curses or Offerings, and the only reason I could make room for that is because it's exactly 1 slot.

Having to use every available socket does not equate to "easily" fitting everything, and there is definitely no more room left for more things.
I saw somebody streaming a summoner on the beta this morning through Reddit. Not to spoil this whole bickering but I as one of the many who want pure summoner was happy that he was in maps with zombies, 3 spectres from act 4 (don't know which I've been working on an essay and didn't watch all of act 4 streams through yet) and EE with ball lightning and both his character and his summons were doing fine WITHOUT AURAS! I am so happy if this holds up to be true for live version so I can finally just focus on summons in all my gear.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
and to add, I might be one of the few people who do not consider SRS a minion build or minion anything; its just a weird fireball thingy...
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
and to add, I might be one of the few people who do not consider SRS a minion build or minion anything; its just a weird fireball thingy...

I consider it a summon like skeletons if they are used with the permanent summons. My ideal summoner would be using those as my character's "attack" if they were worth the slots. Right now they last for too little and take too long to summon without cast speed investmemt which can't typically be done when getting minion and self defence nodes to be used as a real summoner.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Apr 22, 2015, 5:39:32 PM
"
kamilrogoz wrote:
I don't get why so many people complains on lack of gem slots. How many auras, cwdt or spell totem setups would you like to run on your summoner to be happy?
We can easily slot all mandatory gems for this build, including bunch of auras, dual curse, offering, desecrate and convocation.

lol he thinks summoners other than srs have room for cwdt how cute
I hate farming for specters instead when you catch them they should drop a gem to make that type permanent.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Vaphobos wrote:
There is something really wrong with people thinking that a summoner can do 100k dps.

Did you calculate the time that your summons need to reach the target? Did you calculate that sometimes those minions aren't targeting the same mob? Did you notice that some of those minions are dead and can no longer inflict dps? Plus the time you need to cast Desecrate, Arc (for EE), Flesh offering, your curses and convocation so they don't die and you don't have to re-summon them when you can.
Besides you didn't take into account that minions can easily die and dead minions do no dps.

Saying a summoner is 100k dps doesn't make any sense. You can only estimate the dps which is far less accurate than for CoC builds for example who are not inflicting damage only when they stop attacking (and they rarely choose to do so).

Dps is not a priority for summoners, if I need dps I can make a CoC or Disch. build.

All we ask is fix for broken down scaling, erratic, pain in the ass to get spectres. And we don't need another gem or a rich-guy-only new unique. Is that too much to ask?

"
One thing to say about current summoners is they are cheep. For months one of the most posted on witch builds was 100k dps summoner under 1 exalt.

You combine this with the ability to run any map mod and that is a scary build to balance.

I predict GGG will just add another summoner unique and hope the complaints go away. This has been the approach in the past.

I did not do any math. I pointed out that people claimed to achieve at least 100k dps.

such as this
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1033467/page/1

or this
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1183547
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
solwitch wrote:
I hate farming for specters instead when you catch them they should drop a gem to make that type permanent.

They could add a "ball" that we throw at them to collect them and then train them up to fight, and we could then catch them all!!!!!

Sorry couldn't pass it up :)

Seriously though I totally agree, its an unneeded pain to collect specters every time, please make the gem "store" most recent.

Stopped playing summoner since SRS became the meta, I just don't enjoy it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info