Hideout automated player shop

Gotta agree with the OP. Having some place to list your items would not result in near as many farmers for obvious reasons. D3 is a very good example. The game is 10 times better without an auction house. The game in D3 literally was the auction house, drops didn't matter since flipping items became a thing.

I could come with a big list of why a centralized AH is bad, yes, it has it's pros, but the cons greatly outweigh those.
So we want to make trading easier, but not too easy for trading to be too effective in relation to actualy playing.

I suggested something similar to this here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248181

A full search function and an aution house might make trading too time-effectice, but a marketpalce where you go through wares propably wouldn't.
"
I currently pay a Chinese guy to stand in my hideout and run a shop for me.

You can hire people from many regions of the world to do this quite cheaply.

Post of the day.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
"
tsftd wrote:
"
I currently pay a Chinese guy to stand in my hideout and run a shop for me.

You can hire people from many regions of the world to do this quite cheaply.

Post of the day.

Definitely!

"
Cipp wrote:
So we want to make trading easier, but not too easy for trading to be too effective in relation to actualy playing.

I suggested something similar to this here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248181

A full search function and an aution house might make trading too time-effectice, but a marketpalce where you go through wares propably wouldn't.

Good suggestions, I don't think such a thing will undermine anything in the game like an auction house would and would also promote the online RP aspect of the game. More or less, I want the same but with an additional way to utilize our hideouts further.

I feel like the ho notion would be the most intriguing however, it makes things much more communal and where some would gouge prices I personally would barely function above what I could get from the various masters, enough to turn a profit but not enough to rob you blind.

The notion of selling items for the monetary unit you want is very intriguing but has a flaw: some currencies are much rarer than others. I would probably set up a specific tab in my shop for currency exchange. If this tab could function like the Minecraft sell or buy settings (I don't remember which mod but it ran rather nicely) where you could set sell (unit) for x, buy (unit) for x I think it would work better. Having the option to pick up a microtransaction currency tab that allowed you to set what unit you wanted to exchange a specific currency for and the quantities would be handy. again, price gougers would probably discover that if you posted unrealistic prices, you'd be the last shop someone is going to visit for their hard earned currency.

Bookmarking ho shops and Implementation: I think that the shop itself should be something you could purchase from a master at a relatively expensive currency price. it would add an area to your ho specific to the function, maybe create a master or npc that joins the ho to run it, given the number of GUI options people have mentioned thus far it would make some sense to have a character for this. I think right clicking on a persons name from chat to visit their shop would be brilliant, and then the option to save your favorite ones would definitely be a boon to the sense of community. Maybe set the limit to 8 with microtransactions to expand it up to 12 or 16 in units of two additional slots?

Gold farmers: they will always be there, I rarely have trade channels activated because of previous games and because I really don't care for the banter.

Overall however I tend to make friends along the way and we trade locally or I will see that someone I have played with is on and recall the character they were using and will ask them if they want an item I found or am not using. While this is infinitesimally slower, It does work out usually. Otherwise I hawk what I don't need for currency.
"
Batteh wrote:
I feel like the ho notion would be the most intriguing however, it makes things much more communal and where some would gouge prices I personally would barely function above what I could get from the various masters, enough to turn a profit but not enough to rob you blind.

The notion of selling items for the monetary unit you want is very intriguing but has a flaw: some currencies are much rarer than others. I would probably set up a specific tab in my shop for currency exchange. If this tab could function like the Minecraft sell or buy settings (I don't remember which mod but it ran rather nicely) where you could set sell (unit) for x, buy (unit) for x I think it would work better. Having the option to pick up a microtransaction currency tab that allowed you to set what unit you wanted to exchange a specific currency for and the quantities would be handy. again, price gougers would probably discover that if you posted unrealistic prices, you'd be the last shop someone is going to visit for their hard earned currency.

Bookmarking ho shops and Implementation: I think that the shop itself should be something you could purchase from a master at a relatively expensive currency price. it would add an area to your ho specific to the function, maybe create a master or npc that joins the ho to run it, given the number of GUI options people have mentioned thus far it would make some sense to have a character for this. I think right clicking on a persons name from chat to visit their shop would be brilliant, and then the option to save your favorite ones would definitely be a boon to the sense of community. Maybe set the limit to 8 with microtransactions to expand it up to 12 or 16 in units of two additional slots?

Gold farmers: they will always be there, I rarely have trade channels activated because of previous games and because I really don't care for the banter.

Overall however I tend to make friends along the way and we trade locally or I will see that someone I have played with is on and recall the character they were using and will ask them if they want an item I found or am not using. While this is infinitesimally slower, It does work out usually. Otherwise I hawk what I don't need for currency.

Great ideas! The shop/market could also be guild exclusive (although I do believe hideouts lack the spotlight the need to have). Opening the shop should definitely cost, as it is an investment.
People could also post advertisements for their shops on the event board.

One more reason for the automated shop: I am currently playing in the normal hc league trying to trade and it is pretty frustrating when there is a race event going on. Anyhow, I wonder what the devs view on such a thing would be.
Bump after 1.5 month. Should be definitely be considered.
I will support any idea\suggestion for an "offline" trading mechanic. This game needs it desperately.
how will you manage to prevent players to list their items outside the game and point to the specific hideout/seller?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
how will you manage to prevent players to list their items outside the game and point to the specific hideout/seller?

It is impossible to prevent them to do that. There will always be a way, external sites etc.

I just think that trading atm is flavorless. Most people complain that it's hard and impractical to trade. But something like an auction house which would make trading easy would probably be catastrophic for the game.

What I suggested here only makes trading a little easier and promotes hideouts and the social aspect of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info