Hideout automated player shop

Setting up an NPC/stand (buyable/droppable) who sells your OWN goods and configuring their price.

Buyers will be able to visit your hideout (extra incentive to decorate etc) when you are offline or leveling, after you have advertized it in the forum.
Limit of people could be set to avoid implications. Guilds will have an extra purpose.
"Bookmarking" a limited number of hideouts as an added feature.
Seller will be able to accept all currencies at their desired rates, or just accept specific currency.

I think it's a must. As tsftd correcly said, extra shop space can also become one of the most desirable monetized features, or various stands and shop space could be set as a rare drop.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Jun 25, 2015, 6:47:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
great idea!!! where players can bid for the item in chat where they can right click on the name of the player and just visit their ho to check their shop. come on GGG at least this if not AH
not a bad kind of idea, though running it through the hideout could be problematic. implementing a separate "shop" area shouldn't be hard though.

the main issue that I can see with this is currency. it means that if you set 2ex as the price, they have to pay 2ex pure, and if you say 24 chaos, they have to have 24 pure chaos on hand.

certainly a step above our current setup, but still has room for improvement. perhaps allow players to set what currency exchange rates that they accept?

heck, they can monetize it by offering a (reasonable amount of) "shop inventory" space for free, then allow you to purchase more via microtransactions -- much like tabs are now.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Last edited by tsftd on Apr 22, 2015, 7:37:18 AM
Yep, it can easily become one of the most desired monetized features of the game.

As you said the seller will set the currency he wants, which could be a variety of alternatives OR more simply, the seller can sell currency for different currency in the ratio he desires, enabling more options to the buyer.

I believe it must be the hideout area, because it would boost the "value" our hideout has in the game and would create another incentive to decorate it. Plus with the added feature of "bookmarking" your favorite hideouts, in order to teleport there anytime to shop etc, it would create smaller "communities" within the community.

An auction house for example would be disastrous for the game imo because it would cause a severe drop of value of everything in the game, since everyone would be easily involved in mass trading. It would also be impersonal and doesn't bring people together.

On the contrary this brings people together, will not affect the economy, since you will still have to be involved in the trading process and let others know your identity and what you have to offer. By bookmarking a number of hideouts (7 for example) people will also have something extra to do in the game - browsing player shop inventories and looking for good deals.
What if instead of or in addition to a hideout shop a bazzar is implemented where players can search through all items availible for sale in player shops and hunt down more specific items not just going from shop to shop. Maybe a black market dealer you put in your hideout that does this for ypu?.
Last edited by Muugly667 on Apr 22, 2015, 9:45:09 AM
"
Muugly667 wrote:
What if instead of or in addition to a hideout shop a bazzar is implemented where players can search through all items availible for sale in player shops and hunt down more specific items not just going from shop to shop. Maybe a black market dealer you put in your hideout that does this for ypu?.

What you describe is more or less an auction house, which I believe would be very detrimental to the game while a personalized player shop selling a few items in your hideout would be much better for the reasons I said in my previous post.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
"
Muugly667 wrote:

What you describe is more or less an auction house, which I believe would be very detrimental to the game while a personalized player shop selling a few items in your hideout would be much better for the reasons I said in my previous post.

I highly doubt centralizing all the shops into one convenient list is going to be detrimental all of a sudden.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:
"
Muugly667 wrote:

I highly doubt centralizing all the shops into one convenient list is going to be detrimental all of a sudden.

Trust me on this... This is what will happen with an auction house:

An unbelievable amount of gold farmers will suddenly start working in this game. Prices will plummet even for the best uniques and even the rarest uniques will become common. In the end, currency will be more abundant than ever, most things' values will become trivial and important game aspects will be lost (for example maps, regrets etc).

Gold farmers seek convenience and profit in analogy to their hours of work. I don't claim there aren't any working in the game atm and selling currency etc. No game is gold farmers-free. But an auction house would multiply them many times over.

You, especially as a supporter, should be rooting against such a thing. If you think that this won't happen or that it can be faught/prevented by other means then suggest it yourself to GGG.

My suggestion in the OP has two goals. Both the existence of an afk player shop and the further utilization of the hideout, so that people also get into decoration and have the chance to show off their creation in-game, instead of community showcases.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Apr 24, 2015, 10:54:40 AM
I currently pay a Chinese guy to stand in my hideout and run a shop for me.

You can hire people from many regions of the world to do this quite cheaply.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
Trust me on this... This is what will happen with an auction house:

An unbelievable amount of gold farmers will suddenly start working in this game. Prices will plummet even for the best uniques and even the rarest uniques will become common. In the end, currency will be more abundant than ever, most things' values will become trivial and important game aspects will be lost (for example maps, regrets etc).

Gold farmers seek convenience and profit in analogy to their hours of work. I don't claim there aren't any working in the game atm and selling currency etc. No game is gold farmers-free. But an auction house would multiply them many times over.

You, especially as a supporter, should be rooting against such a thing. If you think that this won't happen or that it can be faught/prevented by other means then suggest it yourself to GGG.

My suggestion in the OP has two goals. Both the existence of an afk player shop and the further utilization of the hideout, so that people also get into decoration and have the chance to show off their creation in-game, instead of community showcases.

In places like Runescape, auction houses are a great centralized place to go to in order to buy or sell something quickly, allowing players to spend more time playing instead of sitting around raping their keyboard spamming what they're buying/selling. The best part about this feature is that trades can be conducted while players are offline.

And it's successful.

I would much rather spend my time running maps while a centralized trading area sells the stuff I find, instead of spending an entire day in the clusterfuck called the trade chat spamming the same messages until someone actually buys something.

Besides, we already have outside sources that centralize the market as it is (poe.trade, exilebro), so what's keeping the market from plummeting already?
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 24, 2015, 2:51:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info