We still need more active skill slots - 7 skills for 24 sockets doesnt cut it

With each expansion we get more and more utility skills and or skills for different situations. We still cast 10 or more different abilities, counting auras.

Yet we still have to switch out all auras over and over again for each playing session / after each death / changing equip.

Having only a few slots available still hurts builds that don't want to follow the idea of a single skill to be spammed endlessly.

To me it is overcentralizing still for no reason.

I am still curious as to why the active skill slots are that limited.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Preaching to the choir, man.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Preaching to the choir, man.

what other options do i have? :D

maybe someone at GGG reads this and responds.

right now feedback might have a better chance with a closed beta available !!!
A non-summoner build probably doesn't need more and that's usually the amount we can support ptoperly, if socket numbers aren't increasing there's little reason to supersize action bar.

Speaking of which, it might not be a bad idea to introduce an 'unset belt' with two sockets.

It might help to have another set of unbindable action slots to put permabuffs on. It could be just a button, I suppose, it would show the bar for a second when you hover it, allowing you to select buffs in each slot and pressing it would activate all of them at once. In Sacred 2 you had a separate set of slots for buffs and it was pretty useful.

And to continue on quality of life, what annoys me the absolute most is probably resummoning minions. As soon as I assemble a nice team of high level spectres, the game, according to Murphy's law, crashes or disconnects and I have to do it all over again.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 22, 2015, 4:49:44 AM
"
raics wrote:
A non-summoner build probably doesn't need more and that's usually the amount we can support ptoperly, if socket numbers aren't increasing there's little reason to supersize action bar.

Speaking of which, it might not be a bad idea to introduce an 'unset belt' with two sockets.

It might help to have another set of unbindable action slots to put permabuffs on. It could be just a button, I suppose, it would show the bar for a second when you hover it, allowing you to select buffs in each slot and pressing it would activate all of them at once. In Sacred 2 you had a separate set of slots for buffs and it was pretty useful.

And to continue on quality of life, what annoys me the absolute most is probably resummoning minions. As soon as I assemble a nice team of high level spectres, the game, according to Murphy's law, crashes or disconnects and I have to do it all over again.

this goes both ways though.

you can't play a build that you can't support without enough slots.

I had a multitude of characters which could easily go beyond the 7 active skills.

E.g. a multiple dot marauder. Searing Bond (2 sockets), Fire Trap(3 sockets), Desecrate (1 socket), Detonate Dead (5 sockets), Ele Weakness (1 socket), Flammability ( 1 socket), Leap Slam (1 socket), Enduring Cry (1 socket), Clarity, Purity of Elements (3 sockets combined with reduced mana)

2+3+1+5+1+1+1+1+3 = still 6 free sockets (8 with 2 unset rings)

and 10 active skills
"
raics wrote:
+1
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I think we have enough skill sockets: two three sockets from weapons or 1*6, than three 4 sockets from helmet gloves and boots and a 6 from chest.

Now lets have a look on what skills we need:

Damage skill is in the chest,movement in one 3S, curse in one 3S, auras in one 4S, vaal skill in one 4S, CWDT in one 4S.

With the removing of the CWDT + ec + ic + id we can use this 4S for the golems.

As you can see there is no problem
"
vangrandson wrote:
I think we have enough skill sockets: two three sockets from weapons or 1*6, than three 4 sockets from helmet gloves and boots and a 6 from chest.

Damage skill is in the chest,movement in one 3S, curse in one 3S, auras in one 4S, vaal skill in one 4S, CWDT in one 4S.

If you remove the gloves cwdt you have more active skills than you have skill slots.
And that while you provided an example with about the absolute minimum of active skills.

zzz was also wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent
thats the one

your example of having enough slots does neither contribute TO or AGAINST the initial feedback
Last edited by SVD on Apr 22, 2015, 6:06:31 AM
imo all belts should have 2 sockets, not just a special type one.

Don't limit what skills people can use, but instead make the game more difficult, to compensate for more available skills. Having now all those new skills, but the same socketable space == artificial build diversity.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
SVD wrote:
"
vangrandson wrote:

If you remove the gloves cwdt you have more active skills than you have skill slots.
And that while you provided an example with about the absolute minimum of active skills.

zzz was also wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent
thats the one

your example of having enough slots does neither contribute TO or AGAINST the initial feedback

???

You do not need to have auras in the active slots also you only have to recast the golem once its dead so we have 1. curse 2. movement skill 3. damage skill 4. vaal skill so we only have 4 skills to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info