frequent crashes act II & III

every now and then, when i use a portal and change area my game will crash with "exception" this has only happened to me on acts ii and iii. i had been stuck previously not being able to enter dark forest but solved it by adding -gc 2 to game shortcut. when i restart the game i am still able to progress

i have used packcheck and had no results. i dont have this issue when i play the game at my friends house on his laptop. he runs windows 7 64 bit. im using vista 32 bit.

is there a fix? :o

nvidia geforce gtx 460 1gb

intel quad core i5 3.30 ghz

6 gb ram

vista 32 bit
"
i dont have this issue when i play the game at my friends house on his laptop. he runs windows 7 64 bit. im using vista 32 bit.

There's your problem. Vista 32bit. Vista is just bad and i fail to see why u have it installed on your computer. I bet your problem lays there. Try to install windows 7 64bit or a vista if you must but 64bit as well.

Your 32bit windows does not even use all the 6GB of ram that u have installed and that can cause problems too. There is a lengthy thread here somewhere.
im aware vista 32 bit doesnt use 6gb and i dont use windows 7 because it has issues with some of the games i play. i'll look at getting vista 64 bit
Last edited by xAdApt on Feb 10, 2013, 6:50:56 AM
can anyone help? i dont think that running vista is causing the issue
possibly fixed it by using medium textures

had 3 crashes trying to enter Battlefront, switched to medium and got in

i seriously cant even see the difference between high and medium O_o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info