GGG, Kripp, Beta, Botters, Oh, my!

"
Perq wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
atrocityx wrote:
You do make some valid points...however I still dont personally think it matters because its their beta and they can roll it out anyway they see fit.

their beta, our money. and killing floor 2 just came out , dont starve together just got rog , the witcher 3 comes out in May and bloodborne is awesome.

point being , there is no shortage of awesome things demanding money from people.

and for the large majority of people right now on poe.. what we have is nothing when we thought we would have something.

and regardless of ggg's intentions were: good, bad .. perhaps a little misguided ... know that the mind of a consumer is ravenous and fickle.

and once you lose their attention , it is an uphill battle to get it back.

personally i already knew i would not get in for a while if at all, and i am fine with that. but god damn killing floor 2 is so awesome i am going to be hooked on other things for more than just 2 or 3 months now.

But you are actually getting into the beta. Tomorrow ;) EDIT: Actually, in 3 days. :P

And oddly enough i did not plan on it at all...., kind of an awkward situation...... plus killing floor 2 is seriously freaking awesome.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 23, 2015, 7:10:09 AM
How long will act 4 be in beta status? Like the first one?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

But you are actually getting into the beta. Tomorrow ;) EDIT: Actually, in 3 days. :P

And oddly enough i did not plan on it at all...., kind of an awkward situation...... plus killing floor 2 is seriously freaking awesome.

Hey, no pressure man, you can always give your key to someone else... you know. Like SOMEONE. ELSE. Like you know, me. :D

Imagine that you then can enjoy all that great Killing Floor 2 action, without the burden of Beta key waiting. "Play PoE Beta, or Killing Floor 2?" - that question could be stuck in your head while trying to enjoy Killing Floor 2. Why would you do that?! Just get rid of the key, and enjoy full experience, now! *confetti*. Wooo-wooo.

Spoiler
Gib? :(
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Oh boe. I think I wasn't paying close enough attention because i thought the release of the beta as we have it now, was going to be the release of act 4. Now we're stuck in purgatory for the next 2 months. The fuck.

Oh well. Poor marketing is poor marketing. I don't think they increased the hype, rather killed it, but I'll wait.. It'll be good when it's ready and all that. But goddamn.
**BrBrBrHueHueHue has received the next beta key**
salty_CBT/10 would read again.

I mostly agree with OP. I also understand why GGG puts so much effort to promote their product. What I can't understand is why they choose newcomers over oldfags?
I really doubt that if you never played a game, you will signup for the CBT (after watching a stream/reading an article) and wait 1-3-5 weeks to play beta (which is a void league anyway). You will forget about that game in 2-3 days and most probably will just move on. And if you even receive a key, and you know that this key can be sold for at least $100... well, I would sold it for sure. I mean, that's a great game, why should I play unstable version of it and spoil the first impression, when I can receive some money, wait 2 months and play a stable version?
And they really think newcomers will test something? How could they even differ a "special behaviour" from a bug in that game (like "increased duration" doesn't affect "enduring cry"s duration)?

After all these hypetrains and excitements around the new act, the announcement of the CBT was like a spit in the face: "thanks you for the generous support!(™) we love you and blah-blah-blah, but we appreciate newcommers more than our fanbase. So, go play somewhere else for the next two months while we are trying to attract more people". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally feel betrayed.

Ignorance is bliss. It would be better if GGG tested silently some core things during 1-3 months leagues (with help of internal/alpha tester and Ghudda) and then made an OBT, rather than overhype people and force them to wait another 2 months.

Pretty much this ↓
"
Zell_Naga wrote:
Loyalty, faith, and trust, are much easier to lose than to earn.
Last edited by nyash on Apr 24, 2015, 7:43:24 AM
Easily one of the best posts I've read in my 3+ years here, thank you.

I'm playing the same extortion game GGG is; I've allotted $720/year to this game but now every hour that I remain key-less I am reducing that by $1.25 ;)

P.S. personally I find the 5-day solo league with no new mods, MTXes(?) and a very slim chance at a key a real slap in the face :(
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Amazing read. Good job.

Agreed, learn from him GGG.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
I'd also like to sign up under first post.
Guys, giving beta keys to vips and bots only is wrong.
Making so called "legacy" items even worse.
I remember when I just started the game, I just finish collecting unidetified rares to get my exalted from a recipe when I bitterly found out that ggg changed recipe to chaos orbs.
Favourism is bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info