Flame Totem now gains added projectiles on levelling the gem

Frankly I think they just fucked up the initial version. They underestimate the effects of their changes a lot.
I just hope they are not going to nerf shockwave totem :/ :\ :/
IGN TylordRampage
Since the base damage is also getting buffed I'm pretty sure, new flame totem + sire of shards = 7 flametotem streams with NO damage penalty, creating 360 degrees of firey death. Might be pretty nice.
"
Nerdicide wrote:
creating 360 degrees of firey death. Might be pretty nice.

If anyone wanted that, they would be playing shockwave, not ft.

I am hoping they do another rebalance pass on FT because atm, even with the additional streams jewel, I see no way FT can stay competitive and potent enough to be more then just a distraction. Shotgunning capability was the heart of this skill, and now that damage was reduced so much..

"
Malone wrote:
I just hope they are not going to nerf shockwave totem :/ :\ :/

Crit SW is killing things with meh gear, so unless we like double standards, maybe it should be.

There's even a build where someone killed Atziri with a 4L Shockwave, full MF setup, no dps whatsoever on gear other than having a solid sceptre. ;)
When the players just started to learn this game gets more complicated... I bet my friends will quit too as they love totems.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
this is a necessary change , because the totems would not do enough damage with non shotgun lmp or gmp and they would do too little aoe without lmp and gmp.

basically the new setup will be

faster casting
faster proj
fire pen
possibly critical damage
and then added chaos or added lightning , but those dont mesh with fire pen at all.

Faster casting no longer affects totems. Totems however have separate placement speed bonuses now that are way higher than cast speed bonuses.

I would go for
Faster Projectiles
Fire penetration
Power charge on critical
Increased critical damage
Increased burning damage
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
this is a necessary change , because the totems would not do enough damage with non shotgun lmp or gmp and they would do too little aoe without lmp and gmp.

faster casting
faster proj
fire pen
possibly critical damage
and then added chaos or added lightning , but those dont mesh with fire pen at all.

Faster casting no longer affects totems. Totems however have separate placement speed bonuses now that are way higher than cast speed bonuses.

I would go for
Faster Projectiles
Fire penetration
Power charge on critical
Increased burning damage

I'm not clear on the wording. Does faster casting now not affect only the placement speed of the totems or also the cast speed of the totem spell as well?
Sorry. I got confused. I just realized the flame from flame totems is a spell, not an attack. Then my setup is probably not the best then.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

faster casting
faster proj
fire pen
possibly critical damage

I would go for
Faster Projectiles
Fire penetration
Power charge on critical
Increased burning damage

Totems can't have power charges and you won't get power charges either because you're not the one hitting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info