Higher tier mods

"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
great news. the tears will flow

Not the tears of the few very rich of this game (they will craft new T1 items on the second day), maybe the tears of who, finally, has bought a mirrored wand selling his mother and all he can do with it now is... I let you imagine.

yeah, his 900 dps 2h axe will be rendered vendor trash to the new mirrored 950 dps axe

come on man

(an example, not real numbers)
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Last edited by comm_il_vec on Apr 21, 2015, 10:53:40 AM
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

Not the tears of the few very rich of this game (they will craft new T1 items on the second day), maybe the tears of who, finally, has bought a mirrored wand selling his mother and all he can do with it now is... I let you imagine.

yeah, his 900 dps 2h axe will be rendered vendor trash to the new mirrored 950 dps axe

come on man

(an example, not real numbers)

My poor mom...
"
PenPen79 wrote:
Even with the new tiers (I almost wrote tears) it will be quite awhile before there is gear floating around that is better than the mirrored goodies don't you think?

I figure RNG will prevent it for awhile, but the person who finds or makes a remarkable piece will win the lottery.

yes 1 day
"
"
PenPen79 wrote:
Even with the new tiers (I almost wrote tears) it will be quite awhile before there is gear floating around that is better than the mirrored goodies don't you think?

I figure RNG will prevent it for awhile, but the person who finds or makes a remarkable piece will win the lottery.

yes 1 day

Ahahahah +1
"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

Like how my old uber tri-elemental max ssi thicket bow and perfectly rolled Lioneye's got totally fucked over by Harbinger Bows? because PoE decided to make a higher level bow and gave it superior crit implicit and decided that elemental should be nerfed to ground?

Welcome to the reality.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
If they introduce a tier above tyrannical, yes people will be pissed and for good reason. But in the end it will be irrelevant, because islt already costs in the ballpark of 6000 ex to craft a 6t1 weapon like a sword or bow. Adding a mod that is twice as rare as tyrannical or emperor's (assume new tier mods are twice as rare) could easily take this cost up to 15k ex. Not even the top guys will do that.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
If they introduce a tier above tyrannical, yes people will be pissed and for good reason. But in the end it will be irrelevant, because islt already costs in the ballpark of 6000 ex to craft a 6t1 weapon like a sword or bow. Adding a mod that is twice as rare as tyrannical or emperor's (assume new tier mods are twice as rare) could easily take this cost up to 15k ex. Not even the top guys will do that.

They will through any means ;)
I don't think the new mods will be some superior dps mods rather interesting new ones (like the bleeding on hit, returning projectiles and the cannot miss ones). The game just doesn't need 6-700 dps one handers. There is no point in it. It's also not needed for player progression, as new legaues will start with act 4 without existing top weapons.
I do not think they will introduce new tier 1 mods to replace
existing tier 1 mods as far as main damage, defense, resists etc stats go..

It's always curious how chris words answers.. he is known to purposely try to
confuse people with the answers he gives. He did confirm new higher tier mod's would exist
but this could mean a couple thing's..
New mod's could be implemented for exalt crafting that do not even exist now..
this would mean that current tier mods would still be tier 1 .. but perhaps an ideal
piece for a build might include one of the new mods.. thus people will want to craft
pieces with the new mods.. but it would not rendor all of the previous crafted gear
"obsolete."

It would make sense to me if they do something along these lines.. as someone who does
own mirrored gear, and self crafted tier 1 gear.. it's to be expected that these items will
lose value as the game progresses.. but in a gradual sense.
I highly doubt they would do anything that damaging to time and effort people have poured into the game.. but we will see.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
Last edited by GDSLICK on Apr 21, 2015, 2:44:33 PM
They certainly won't introduce new T1 mods. That would make no sense and be rly stupid sinnce it would mean replacing lagacy mods (crit multi for instance).

Just consider what such an approach would mean to all major crafters when their current stuff becomes obsolete like the guy above me mentioned. It would make ragequit a LOT of ppl who'll prolly never come back again, including myself.

Just relax and wait for patch notes when expansion's out.
IGN Soultakerr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info