The Introduction of Maraketh weapons proves that the use of Vaal orb on non-gem items has failed

So if you need to get the new Maraketh versions of weapons in order to find a different use for your weapon, like using a "Blade staff" which has a global crit implicit mod rather than using a usual staff with a block implicit mod then why do we bother vaaling staves and other weapons?

And a vaal orb can sometimes replace your valuable original implicit mod with a random one.

Compared to the disastrous results a vaal orb can do, i would expect to get better implicit mods when the orb is successfully applied

I wonder if it will be improved after Beta 2.0
Last edited by Xenimui on Apr 21, 2015, 8:01:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 to charges
Additional arrows
Block/spell block
+1 to max resists
+1 curse
1% of elemental damage leeched as life
"
Spede_P wrote:
+1 to charges
Additional arrows
Block/spell block
+1 to max resists
+1 curse
1% of elemental damage leeched as life

I know all of them : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/840813

But this is not the point of this thread.

The point is: Why did GGG feel the need to add new weapons(Maraketh weapons) to introduce new mods when we were supposed to get them through corrupting items?
Last edited by Xenimui on Apr 21, 2015, 6:41:11 AM
I'd say just make the corrupted mods a little bit better. Some of the current ones are REALLY bad. Or even most of them.
And this is true - why would you ever both trying to get some of them, when you can just get Maraketh weapon and have good implicit from the very beginning?
Meh.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
No risk, easier to access mods? I always thought of vaaling an item as making a very high risk for a very high reward. getting the great gear you have, then corrupting it and getting the mod you want on it feels like a personalized tweak on your gear.

plus, it's science.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
to that thread title :

introducing new weapons with new implicits is merely an addition to the game, nothing else.

We´ll have more weapon choices, and that´s it. Where do you take it from that we have to Vaal items and corrupt them in order to "finish" their crafting process ?

If every Vaal orb was a "success", we´d all be running around with +1 max res implicit on our chests, +1 additional arrow on bows, etc.

Believe it or not, I have "finished" endgame items that are not corrupted. Nothing failed, you simply don´t corrupt every item you have, unless you got an unhealthy gambling itch that overrides every healthy working part of your brain. And if so, Vaal Orbs do exactly what they should : function as an additional currency/item sink.

But deriving that they failed their purpose cause we get new implicit mods, that´s very very far fetched. (not to say BS...oops I did)
Last edited by FeistyPeisty on Apr 21, 2015, 8:48:50 AM

"
Grumlum wrote:
to that thread title :

*introducing new weapons with new implicits is merely an addition to the game, nothing else.

I don't think you can make a great game if you add things for the purpose of adding things. You have to make it 'synergise' with other elements of the game.
Example: if you can change implicit mods, make it useful. No need to add another version of an already existing weapon: staves.

"
Grumlum wrote:
*Vaal Orbs do exactly what they should : function as an additional currency/item sink.

Great. Then why don't we just force us to vendor items? You know.. item sink

"
Grumlum wrote:

If every Vaal orb was a "success", we´d all be running around with +1 max res implicit on our chests, +1 additional arrow on bows, etc.

More like 5% Chance to Cause Monsters to Flee, 1% of Cold Damage Leeched as Life on Searing touch, 1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life on Taryn's shiver.

"
enveratise wrote:
No risk, easier to access mods? I always thought of vaaling an item as making a very high risk for a very high reward. getting the great gear you have, then corrupting it and getting the mod you want on it feels like a personalized tweak on your gear.

plus, it's science.

Tell me more about these very high rewards on weapons except bows.

"
Perq wrote:

And this is true - why would you ever both trying to get some of them, when you can just get Maraketh weapon and have good implicit from the very beginning?
Meh.

And it's just starting, act 5 will introduce bows with already +1 additional arrow implicit bow. Why bother vaaling

Last edited by Xenimui on Apr 21, 2015, 9:23:54 AM
What a weird conclusion.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Xenimui wrote:
Spoiler

"
Grumlum wrote:
to that thread title :

*introducing new weapons with new implicits is merely an addition to the game, nothing else.

I don't think you can make a great game if you add things for the purpose of adding things. You have to make it 'synergise' with other elements of the game.
Example: if you can change implicit mods, make it useful. No need to add another version of an already existing weapon: staves.

"
Grumlum wrote:
*Vaal Orbs do exactly what they should : function as an additional currency/item sink.

Great. Then why don't we just force us to vendor items? You know.. item sink

"
Grumlum wrote:

More like 5% Chance to Cause Monsters to Flee, 1% of Cold Damage Leeched as Life on Searing touch, 1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life on Taryn's shiver.

"
enveratise wrote:

plus, it's science.

Tell me more about these very high rewards on weapons except bows.

"
Perq wrote:

Meh.

And it's just starting, act 5 will introduce bows with already +1 additional arrow implicit bow. Why bother vaaling

Spoiler

that´s not even worth ignoring
It's just like the following:

Rather than letting you link GMP support gem with freezing pulse active gem, GGG would introduce a gem called "Freezing pulse GMP"
What is the purpose of having support gems then?

Same logic applies with the following: having vaal orbs able to change implicit mods and introducing at the same time Maraketh weapons.

Hopefully GGG reads this and make the right tweeks during the Awakening Beta
Last edited by Xenimui on Apr 21, 2015, 10:02:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info