LLD in Act 4

"
bigfoot312 wrote:
And ele pen? The disparity between phys melee and ele melee will be absurd if there is no pen and phys gets all these buffs.

The pen gems are 31 in the beta yeah.
"
lapiz wrote:
It seems the level requirements of the datamined gems isnt correct.

Lvl 1 empower seems to be lvl req 1 after all (someone found one in the beta)

omfg that amazing news. I mainly care about empower. I think ele pen is reasonable to not be in LLD. I really was sad about empower mainly. My summoner wont be completely rekt nowwwwwwwwwwwwww yayyyyyyyyyyyy!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
You guys are being super naive and optimistic about GGG's priorities. pvp is right at the bottom of the list of their concerns at the moment. You really think in the middle of this mess of a beta test, they will take steps back from their new changes for thousand of new players just to satisfy a handful of inactive llders like you? something that brought them so much hate last season?

Why should we bother to ask GGG to balance dozens of spells when they are straight ignoring people's feedback about molten shell for ages?

"
trav_dawg wrote:
ATM 9k hp still one shot by molten lol

Sorry if the truth hurts. On the bright side, a true and more importantly active pvper doesn't care about balance changes as he's competing with other people in new temporary leagues and not GGG. I think we should all move on and accept casters are not viable anymore and talk about which class is the best for cyclone and plan ur cyclone for next season :)

Last edited by Mephisto_n on Apr 23, 2015, 7:21:12 PM
"
mephisto_n wrote:
You guys are being super naive and optimistic about GGG's priorities. pvp is right at the bottom of the list of their concerns at the moment. You really think in the middle of this mess of a beta test, they will take steps back from their new changes for thousand of new players just to satisfy a handful of inactive llders like you? something that brought them so much hate last season?

Why should we bother to ask GGG to balance dozens of spells when they are straight ignoring people's feedback about molten shell for ages?

"
trav_dawg wrote:

Sorry if the truth hurts. On the bright side, a true and more importantly active pvper doesn't care about balance changes as he's competing with other people in new temporary leagues and not GGG. I think we should all move on and accept casters are not viable anymore and talk about which class is the best for cyclone and plan ur cyclone for next season :)

be as pessimistic as you want. 1v1 LLD has never been very balanced. If they go for team pvp in 3rd season we might see some interesting things. No multistrike will be kinda cool too. Now maybe that elemental nado shot build that everyone claims is impossible to defeat, lapiz owns it, will now have more fair matchups. You guys act like the meta was perfect and this will make it unplayable again. I personally wanna see a new meta. The only thing I was really sad about was empower being removed from lld, or atleast thats what we all thought. Now that we know empower is fine, I am fuckin stoked : )
"
mephisto_n wrote:

"
trav_dawg wrote:

He's talking about HLD(unless he got 9k hp in lld) and casters will continue to be viable
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
mephisto_n wrote:
You guys are being super naive and optimistic about GGG's priorities. pvp is right at the bottom of the list of their concerns at the moment.

This is all very true I feel as well.. Im quite sure the pvp scene isn't even on the first page of their list of things to do.

"
Now maybe that elemental nado shot build that everyone claims is impossible to defeat, lapiz owns it, will now have more fair matchups. You guys act like the meta was perfect and this will make it unplayable again. I personally wanna see a new meta. The only thing I was really sad about was empower being removed from lld, or atleast thats what we all thought. Now that we know empower is fine, I am fuckin stoked : )

All pure elemental attack builds are simply dead if nothing is done to compensate for the loss of losing penetration gems. This means builds that use flat lighting damage on items and items like wake of destruction and storm cloud. I feel like the around 40% less damage for attack builds is simply too huge of a drawback to justify making a build like that at all. Faster attacks helps a bit but the difference is still big.

The phys based pure ele builds like molten strike and ice shot aren't really affected by this change because they can just swap their gem melee/proj phys damage and be even slightly stronger.

Last edited by lapiz on Apr 24, 2015, 5:26:55 AM
"
lapiz wrote:
"
mephisto_n wrote:
You guys are being super naive and optimistic about GGG's priorities. pvp is right at the bottom of the list of their concerns at the moment.

This is all very true I feel as well.. Im quite sure the pvp scene isn't even on the first page of their list of things to do.

"
Now maybe that elemental nado shot build that everyone claims is impossible to defeat, lapiz owns it, will now have more fair matchups. You guys act like the meta was perfect and this will make it unplayable again. I personally wanna see a new meta. The only thing I was really sad about was empower being removed from lld, or atleast thats what we all thought. Now that we know empower is fine, I am fuckin stoked : )

All pure elemental attack builds are simply dead if nothing is done to compensate for the loss of losing penetration gems. This means builds that use flat lighting damage on items and items like wake of destruction and storm cloud. I feel like the around 40% less damage for attack builds is simply too huge of a drawback to justify making a build like that at all. Faster attacks helps a bit but the difference is still big.

The phys based pure ele builds like molten strike and ice shot aren't really affected by this change because they can just swap their gem melee/proj phys damage and be even slightly stronger.

thats fine dude. You wont be using stormbow with huge IAS and elreon jewelry for free attacks. You will be using a phys royal bow that needs +1 arrow corruption to match the strength of your current ele bower. That build would be beatable, especially with melee buffs. I welcome these changes as I think the meta wasnt great before.
"
I welcome these changes as I think the meta wasnt great before.

I usually enjoy changes too and I actually think its good that we get to use faster attacks and faster casting because LLD is arguably quite slow paced at the moment. The addition of these 2 gems will make it more fluent.

Its just that a combination these particular changes seem to cause 2 huge spikes of balance to opposite directions. Cyclone and gems like heavy strike are getting nearly double damage whereas spells in general are getting a major nerf. This kind of scenario obviously at some point results in an extinction of casters. I would not like to see that!
Are there even any pvp'ers in the beta? I dont see any discussion about the absurdly op stuff for both lld & hld atm
pvp loooooooool
Yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info