The Closed Beta of The Awakening is live!

Spoiler
"
starklife wrote:
Bad timing, there's really nothing but disappointment for those of us who don't want to watch other people spoil the content for us.

I really love poe to death and I'm pretty butthurt about this, just seems so lame, it'd be better if someone would step up and say the process could have been handled better...but instead it's just more spam about the game being spoiled by streamers.

I like ggg and I love poe not gonna quit or even play other games, but I am so dismayed there's no temp league or anything distracting to do while this is going on. I feel like ignoring all the streams and spoilers trying to hold out so I can get my turn to experience it unspoiled is probably the most miserable I've felt over a video game before.

It's easy to dismiss this as just negativity but it's not just that, it's wanting to be a part of everything related to poe. If I had known before kripp showed me about poe I would have joined earlier. I showed up sometime in the first closed beta and played ever since then in most of my free time. I want to be a part of everything, even went to a player meet up and got to meet Chris and a few others a couple years ago. Realizing then that all the other nerds there wanted to gain alpha testing access I just kept my mouth shut.

But that's how it feels, you've got your favorite thing that you've supported for years in any way you can and all you can do is kick yourself wishing you heard of it sooner or that you could have contributed in a way that got you alpha access.

For anyone who feels like me, this isn't about being upset with ggg, but just dealing with the disappointment of being excluded from one of the few things I still feel comfortable admitting...as a fully grown adult that I am a completely immature geek about.

Even playing my characters in hardcore feels disappointing atm because I know tree changes may be invalidating them soon. So already being 8/8 there is nothing to do but try to cope.

^ Quite true, in my mind, having like 1 week "BETA TEST" leagues for 8 weeks would have been a little more exciting, letting them test what ever shit they wanted to every week.
God/Chris/Gaben ... send me a beta key :X
Why do you torture me like that, i'm a big fan and it's hurts me i dont have access :( it's really hurtsssxd
Streamers always had special threatment....dunno why they are better then we are...
Last edited by marac83 on Apr 20, 2015, 9:34:49 PM
how do u know if u get invited?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BETA HAS STARTED, WHERES MY KEY!
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) TIMER IS GONE, RIOT NAO!!
┻━┻ ︵ \( °□° )/ ︵ ┻━┻ WHAT IS GOING ON FLIP EVERYTHING, WTH
ಠ_ಠ Sthap.
ಠ__ಠ Or no.
ಠ___ಠ Beta access.
(╮°-°)╮What is this sorcery, u win again GGG( •_•)O*¯`·.¸(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ┳━┳ ┳━┳ ┳━┳

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Beta I need it
"
starklife wrote:
Bad timing, there's really nothing but disappointment for those of us who don't want to watch other people spoil the content for us.

I really love poe to death and I'm pretty butthurt about this, just seems so lame, it'd be better if someone would step up and say the process could have been handled better...but instead it's just more spam about the game being spoiled by streamers.

I like ggg and I love poe not gonna quit or even play other games, but I am so dismayed there's no temp league or anything distracting to do while this is going on. I feel like ignoring all the streams and spoilers trying to hold out so I can get my turn to experience it unspoiled is probably the most miserable I've felt over a video game before.

It's easy to dismiss this as just negativity but it's not just that, it's wanting to be a part of everything related to poe. If I had known before kripp showed me about poe I would have joined earlier. All I was doing before that was playing diablo 2 hcl over and over waiting for new resets. I showed up sometime in the first closed beta and played ever since then in most of my free time. I want to be a part of everything, even went to a player meet up and got to meet Chris and a few others a couple years ago. Realizing then that all the other nerds there wanted to gain alpha testing access just as much as me, I just kept my mouth shut.

But that's how it feels, you've got your favorite thing that you've supported for years in any way you can and all you can do is kick yourself wishing you heard of it sooner or that you could have contributed in a way that got you alpha access.

For anyone who feels like me, this isn't about being upset with ggg, but just dealing with the disappointment of being excluded from one of the few things I still feel comfortable admitting...as a fully grown adult that I am a completely immature geek about.

Even playing my characters in hardcore feels disappointing atm because I know tree changes may be invalidating them soon. So already being 8/8 there is nothing to do but try to cope.

i totally agree there should be a league that offers Beta spots. <3
Watch streamers? Not on your life. That would ruin my experience. Seriously, no way.

Watch them a few weeks into *my* playing? . . sure! See what builds are hot, what new aspect they may have assimilated from others. But for the Beta? That honestly does not make any sense.

Do I want in? Well Yes, like everyone.

I'm only sad because I promoted this game to lots of new players in my area, even advertised a 'LAN' party this Sunday... only to discover your method of rolling out content has already turned off many friends and oh course, no Path of Exile Party for us.

A real bummer.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME LIKE I HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS! -_- ...
that damn Redeem key button made me think I had one.. ugh!

I don't wanna watch people stream something I can't play.. thats stupid

why is there hardcore and a ladder? I thought this was to test, find and fix bugs... stupid having a race for peoples e-pen when only X people are allowed in anyhow so far
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info