State of Legacies for the upcoming 2.0 patch...

Was kind of looking forward to a wipe to Standard.

The idea of Standard is only good so long as it doesn't turn into the dumpster league that it is in its current state.
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Sadly this has become one of the maaany many reasons why PoE is one of the easiest games out there if you wanna play the market lol.

If I wanted to play the market I would go to work.
When I play a video game, I don't want to work.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
TheGrixxitt wrote:

The idea of Standard is only good so long as it doesn't turn into the dumpster league that it is in its current state.

why in a game where theres a league that never gets wiped and a fresh set of leagues that are always wiped are you looking forward to a wipe of the non wipe league? the idea of standard, the league that never gets wiped where everyone has all their old gear, is only good when it gets wiped?

rly tho?
"
TheGrixxitt wrote:

Some people enjoy standard and never losing the stuff that they've earned.

That being said, I sort of agree with your assessment of Standard.

I enjoy a fresh economic market on the start of every challenge league and like starting characters from scratch, without the temptation of an overflowing stash of stuff.

I have no problem with them keeping standard as is. I just find myself in a position where, I want to play, but don't, because challenge leagues can take a very long time to open up. When I lose interest in PoE, it's usually during the wait for a challenge league. I'm sure I'll get caught up playing something else and miss half or all the next challenge league.

For me, it's an annoying transition.
I'm actually expecting them to use this chance to go back and buff a lot of the useless uniques.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
TheGrixxitt wrote:

why in a game where theres a league that never gets wiped and a fresh set of leagues that are always wiped are you looking forward to a wipe of the non wipe league? the idea of standard, the league that never gets wiped where everyone has all their old gear, is only good when it gets wiped?

rly tho?

The only reasoning I can think of is that there might be changes that GGG would like to make which are not possible because of implications for standard league without a wipe. That is the only major thing I can think of.

An example would be removal of a skill gem.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I assumed that was the reason for making the temp leagues so that people who dont enjoy the "dumpster" league could always start fresh with a clean slate. Why would ggg wipe standard leagues AND make new temp league at the same time act 4 comes out??
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
but legacies are fun

among some other less interesting ones ☺, not to mention all the alt art items.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Apr 27, 2015, 9:08:00 PM
Legacy items are awesome. I also enjoy the "story" of the game being laid out in different flavors of items.

Frankly... if they went and updated every single item to it's non-legacy version there would be a shitstorm that would be off the charts. I think the game is great as it is now, fresh leagues which play to those who hate legacies, and the perma leagues for power freaks like me who want amazing, expensive characters.

I really enjoy playing the temp leagues and also playing HC. The balance and different feel is great.
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Apr 28, 2015, 12:48:57 AM
"
andkamen wrote:
but legacies are fun

among some other less interesting ones ☺, not to mention all the alt art items.

They sure are, too bad it won't work.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info