State of Legacies for the upcoming 2.0 patch...

I'm betting that most newly-minted "legacy" uniques will probably be worse than the new uniques.

Makes sense for several reasons that this would be the case. For instance, higher-level mods on rares? Higher level enemies? Nastier, more damaging enemies? Tentative EB, Ondar's nerf? Gotta keep those uniques keeping pace with the mirrored stuff and enemy content at least somewhat.

Shakes up the economy and busts monopolies, too.

Of course, we'll find out when the closed beta starts!
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
Last edited by InsaneWallaby on Apr 20, 2015, 1:51:55 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They haven't explained why they chose 2.0 instead of 1.4. That usually means something more than a patch with an expansion. I fully expect that we're going to have to download a whole new game. Who knows... they might even make the 'permanent' leagues restart.

2.0 , or rather the large shift in version number probably has far more to do with the shift in underlying mechanics such as I would imagine:

Heavy changes to the engine such as the new latency compensation (lock-step)
huge change to skill tree
the Massive amount of QOL improvements
and the total shift of progression in the acts.

RATHER than changing legacy items. plus as it was once said , you change legacy items you will piss people off. at the very least by not changing legacy items ggg is not taking anything way from people.

if ggg were to suddenly remove or nerf legacy items , they will be shafting a HUGE number of players

the nerd rage could probably spawn an eye of terror around our solar system.
Not the eye of terror, its the eye of fury.

king kaom dropped it in that teaser video :)
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
He meant the Eye of Terror and named it like that on purpose.
Obviously you dont get the reference.
Eye of Terror or i believe Star Maelstrom is a term from the warhammer (40k) universe.
FUCK legacies... again the same FAIL, why GGG can't understand it?, standard is not a lab, is the main mode of a lot of players...

Poor Mjölner...
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Last edited by robotamen on Apr 20, 2015, 2:00:57 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They haven't explained why they chose 2.0 instead of 1.4. That usually means something more than a patch with an expansion. I fully expect that we're going to have to download a whole new game. Who knows... they might even make the 'permanent' leagues restart.

I think you might have found the other reason I would move on from POE. :)

As for the 2.0, major revision associated with huge act and generally a large shift. If I were a betting man, 3.0 will be Act 5.

2.1 will be 'Balanced Fortify' -- hope not, so looking forward to using that thing.
what if ggg reworked the passive tree so the legacy items became the norm again and you could divine your non legacy items to get the legacy tier rolls?

but then the non legacies become the new legacies..
Last edited by NekoHanten on Apr 20, 2015, 2:11:17 PM
"
NekoHanten wrote:
what if ggg reworked the passive tree so the legacy items became the norm again and you could divine your non legacy items to get the legacy tier rolls?

I suspect Kaom's Heart (legacy) would actually be somewhat appropriate now with all the gems coming out. Gem sockets will be at a premium.

Soul Taker has fallen out from glory.

Difference between legacy Shav's and current shav's really isnt that much -- hell I think they should just widen the ES% to include legacy. 140%-250%. Divines can get a workout.

Aegis Aurora, well that bitch is just going to be too much with Armor's glory days coming back. Glad I have one :)

Shavronne's Revelation, they should just bring it back.

BOR was probably too strong for how common it was.

etc. etc.

I suspect we could all build out a list like this but I actually agree with your thought, at least in Standard. Perhaps add a 'legacy tier' drop pool that is as rare as T1 or maybe more rare?

Can't beat them, join them. (BTW, I don't think legacy's should be touched just to calibrate where I stand on the matter)

This time i'm with the people thinking the rebalanced unique will be better than their legacy counterpart. Still yiu can try to speculate on who's gonna get the nerfbat.

My bets are on Mjolnir, Abyssus, Belly and Doryani scepter,
"
Aegis Aurora, well that bitch is just going to be too much with Armor's glory days coming back. Glad I have one :)

:) its about time.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info