Mjolner in 2.0.0

"
Grughal wrote:
Lightning Strike never had the ability to shotgun, it should work the same way after patch as it does now.

Molten Strike only shotguns with the AoE part of projectiles. After patch "Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times."

Trigger wise no changes for Mjölner so far.

Hmm, thanks for clarifying on the LS shotgun issue. I wasn't too sure. But now I'm more concerned about the loss of Inner Force for aura stacking effects

Oh who am I kidding, actual act 4 content is months away, I still have time to play Thor on softcore.

Thanks guys!
I don't think offensively it will be affected too much, maybe defensively because of the tree aura node changes. I wouldn't think they would completely smash a niche unique such as mjolner.

Who knows though, time will tell and I'm sure testing will be extensive to make the right calls!
"
I don't think offensively it will be affected too much, maybe defensively because of the tree aura node changes. I wouldn't think they would completely smash a niche unique such as mjolner.

Who knows though, time will tell and I'm sure testing will be extensive to make the right calls!

Says another mjolner owner that wants to keep his noisy flashy faceroll inmmunity ! ;)
"
Says another mjolner owner that wants to keep his noisy flashy faceroll inmmunity ! ;)

By no means am I suggesting that the proposed changes are bad, I'm not crying about anything! I think the already mentioned aura tree node changes will be for the better, faceroll uber atziri should not really be a thing. All I'm saying is I 'THINK' mjolner will still be a viable, fun build :)
Imo they should nerf mjölner a bit down (all mjöls and not make them legacy) like:

25% Chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
The Inner Force removal is quite a change. 21% drop in auras and also a direct nerf to Headhunter effectiveness.

and then fortify to give you a 25% damage reduction, so I feel like mjolner will be even more over the top than ever before unless they directly nerf it in some other fashion, which probably wouldnt be uncalled for tbh but who knows.
"
TheDeathX wrote:
Imo they should nerf mjölner a bit down (all mjöls and not make them legacy) like:

25% Chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit

Yeah 25% chance. Have fun with blanks and dieing instantly.
Everyone who played mjölner knows how it is when ur not attacking.
EXALTS>EXAMS
Last edited by skieZ on Apr 20, 2015, 2:25:42 PM
the nerf to inner force is a nerf to all builds. you can still get an easy 25% to auras to bump those 4% max res's to 5 at least and with legacy saffell's be at 85% all res. with 13% flasks that's still 98% all res unless they nerf the purity auras. if you run lvl 21 purities in alpha's howl (5 max) and invest to get 40% aura effectiveness then you are at 100% again (75+5+5+2+13).

the other major thing is having a 16-20 second immortal call. that shit is OP, it actually doesn't require all that much investment. you can even just drop it in a cwdt set up and have like a 8 second IC proc (survive the initial hit and you're golden).

I dunno that it necessarily needs a nerf. To run uber you need voll's devotion, mjolner, multiple 21 gems. it's not cheap at all.
"
chromafunk wrote:
I have sold everything I got on std already.

Dude that is brutal....

Are you a flipper?
panic selling would be the opposite of a flipper mindset wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info